The Exodus Foundation works to meet the needs of some of Sydney's poorest and most disadvantaged. Exodus provides meal services and welfare support programs to people at risk and in circumstances of extreme poverty, homelessness, and disadvantage.
Great opportunity for a Hospitality Manager to lead a team of volunteers and catering staff at the Exodus Loaves & Fishes restaurant. The Hospitality Manager is responsible for the day to day operational requirements of the Exodus Food Service and Safety program for the L&F restaurant, events and mobile food service vans.
Skills and Key competencies
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience;
- Career in hospitality with multi-faceted experience in all area of food service operations;
- Develop departmental budget in accordance with financial objectives.
- Trade qualified chef;
- Diploma of Hospitality, highly desirable;
- TAFE Current-Workplace training highly desirable;
- Current First Aid;
- Working with Children Check Number;
- National Police Certificate, and
- Full Drivers licence.
Areas of demonstrated experience:
- Front of House - dining room operations experience;
- Customer service;
- Food service staff training;
- Back of House – kitchen operations;
- Meal production, menu engineering and kitchen operational efficiencies;
- One a day a week in the kitchen cooking;
- Equipment maintenance, cleaning programs;
- Catering & events - food van operations;
- Procurement, ordering, supplier relations, sourcing donations;
- Inventory management, warehousing, and logistics;
- HACCP – Implementation/ Audit/ Corrective actions/ Food safety software;
- Business administration;
- Medium level computer skills –word/excel/ power point - business intelligence hospitality software;
- People Management;
- Ability to deal with complex situations on a daily basis;
- Recruitment, rosters, payroll-online, toolbox talks;
- Performance management –paid and unpaid (food services volunteers);
- Managing large teams (300 shifts per week);
- Supporting a corporate partnership program.
- Competitive Salary + superannuation;
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging;
- Professional development and training.
A full Position Description is attached below.