- Casual with opportunity for permanent part time
- All levels of experience - Graduates through to seniors welcome to apply
- Excellent opportunities to receive mentoring and coaching through regular supervision
Eurella Community Services is celebrating 65 years of supporting people with disability to achieve all that is possible. Eurella is a place where people and relationships are truly valued and services and supports are designed with the person at the centre. Located in Sydney’s vibrant inner west and delivering services throughout Sydney, Eurella is a dynamic and expanding NDIS provider offering allied health and early childhood intervention services, supported employment, community and social supports, shared living, support coordination and plan management.
About the role:
Eurella is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Occupational Therapist who is passionate about providing a range of occupational therapy services to people with disabilities in individual and group settings to learn new skills, succeed, connect and contribute to achieve all that is possible.
Reporting to the Clinical Services Health and Wellbeing Senior Manager you will be part of an engaging and supportive team working within a trans or multi-disciplinary team with expertise in Occupational Therapy, Behaviour Support and Speech Pathology.
Key areas include:
- Providing a high level of clinical services including client assessment and treatment, management plans, therapy, equipment prescription and home assessment
- Delivering therapy within natural learning environments including: home, educational, centre-based and community-based settings
- Preparing a variety of reports and correspondence, for the purpose of documenting sessions, and conveying clinical information and recommendations to families, caregivers and other professionals
- Building the capability of people with disabilities their families, care-givers and educators
The ideal candidate will have:
- An understanding of a human rights-based approach and demonstrate alignment to Eurella’s mission, vision and values
- Experience working with people with disabilities of all ages and demonstrated understanding of the potential impact of the disability on daily life
- Full Australian Driver’s Licence and own vehicle
- A qualification in: Bachelor of Allied Health in Occupational Therapy or a Masters Allied Health, Occupational Therapy. Registration with AHPRA
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work flexibly in a changing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience and commitment to service delivery which is: family centred; collaborative; evidence/strength-based practice
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience and commitment to service delivery that is timely in response, maximises capacity and opportunities that support people with disabilities their family’s caregivers and educators within their local community
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to meet and exceed client and stakeholder expectation cultivating long term relationships securing trust and commitment
- Highly developed ability to analyse and synthesise research, evidence, complex information and best practice in disability
Appointments are subject to the following pre-employment safety screening checks that include such the National Criminal Record Check, Inherent Position Requirements Employee Declaration, Working with Children Check Reference Checks and AHPRA Registration Check. This role is only available to Australian Residents or to those who hold the right to work in Australia.
This is an excellent opportunity for an engaging OT to join a dynamic organisation at an exciting time of growth and strategic change. The position will require travel in providing support and services to clients & families. Own car required, however pool cars if available can be used for work related travel.