- Full Time Fixed Term until June 2020
Your New Organisation
DPV Health is a leading healthcare services provider operating out of Melbourne’s northern growth corridor. Our professional staff deliver a wide variety of clinical, community health and wellbeing services.
DPV Health is an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer who supports inclusiveness and diversity. We are dedicated to attracting and retaining people from a diverse background, including but not limited to, those identifying as LGBTIQ, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from cultural and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, and people with a disability.
A little about the role
As the Support and Safety Hub Practitioner you will join our Family Violence Team who provides a comprehensive service to Women, children and perpetrators with in the region. You will work collaboratively with a team of experienced and dedicated practitioners in accordance with recommendations from the Royal commission into the prevention of family violence.
We are looking for individuals who have:
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology Human and/or Community Service
- Substantial relevant experience in the Family Violence sector specifically working with clients with complex needs
- Strong skills in liaising effectively with clients, community groups, other employees and external agencies
- Negotiation skills with experience gaining co-operation and support from others in a team environment
About the perks
- Salary Packaging – part of your wage is paid tax free each pay, saving thousands in tax each year!
- Work-Life Balance – we understand that work-life balance is important and accommodate flexibility for team members wherever possible.
- Health and Wellbeing – we promote health and wellbeing for our people, just like we would for the communities we serve. We provide flu vaccinations on site and free, confidential counselling services are available just to name a few.
- Professional Development – with access to modern, digital eLearning you’ll have flexibility of course timing with access to shorter, more customised content. Accompanied by face to face training, your continual professional development is always top of our priority list.
- DPV Day – We invest a whole day off site for all staff for an interactive, informative and engaging day of workshops, strategic plan presentations and lots more!
The fine print
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a National Policy Check, hold a valid WWCC and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check
- Full driver license and travel between sites required
- You may be asked to either provide or register for a Medicare and MBS provider number and agree to donate the total amount from this work to DPV Health.
To view the position description, please visit the Get Involved > Employment page on the DPV Health Website at www.dpvhealth.org.au, or refer to the attachment below.