- National Not For Profit
- Senior Management, Strategic role, reporting direct to CEO
- Based in Spring Hill
- Make a difference to the lives of Children and Young People
Primary purpose of the position:
CREATE Foundation is a systemic advocate that sits in the sector as a peak consumer body, to represent the voices of children and young people to key decision makers.
To fulfil CREATE’s mission the ultimate goal of this role is to improve the lives and outcomes of children and young people with a care experience. We do this through implementing the Strategic Plan that is developed from hearing the voices of children and young people.
Position context and specific job requirements:
This role requires a great deal of flexibility and drive, the ability to manage multiple priorities, and a positive team orientation. This position provides an invaluable opportunity to be immersed in and affect positive outcomes for children and young people in care at the state and national level.
The Policy and Research Manager has a leadership role within the organisation and is responsible for leading the Influencing Stream and Committee. This role is a member of the Leadership Committee reporting directly to the CEO. The role is required to be involved in providing input into the strategic direction of the organisation and has shared responsibility for implementing the Strategic and Operational Plans.
- Contribute to a positive organisational culture, and ensure that CREATE effectively facilitates Child Safe Standards
- Take responsibility in identifying and mitigating organisational risk at business areas level and organisational level
- Participate in the development of the organisations strategic direction
- Implement the Operational Plan and achieve KPI’s
- As a senior member of the organisation represent the CREATE Foundation’s strategic objectives and advocacy position, and build our profile across the sector, and to government
- Manage CREATE’s research projects where delegated, and take responsibility for developing and monitoring the project plans to guide each project, and work collaboratively with internal staff and the Executive Director Research and/or external Consultants to execute
- Provide effective leadership to the influencing stream to ensure that organisational strategic goals are met, and Action Plans implemented
- Ensure that effective communication strategies are in place to communicate CREATE’s advocacy position, including media statements, and media liaison, position papers and research methodologies for key projects
- Create a positive and effective team environment for the Influencing Stream and the P&A team generally, ensuring that the organisations goals are expressed clearly and strategies to achieve goals are articulated succinctly and communicated effectively
- Take responsibility for the organisations consultation initiatives, in consultation with relevant staff, and employ a range of different research methodologies
- Initiate, develop, implement and manage Fee for Service contracts (for research and consultations)
- Ensure that consultations and/or projects are conducted according to ethical principles and aligned with the organisations strategic direction, within a set time frame to meet contractual and policy requirements
- Provide high level critique and feedback on policy documents, inquiries, and Royal Commissions
- Work in close partnership with external research contractors, other research institutions, and policy colleagues during the course of research consultation projects or policy development
- Produce both written and oral briefs for the CEO, Leadership Committee, and policy colleagues based on reviews of research evidence
- Respond in a timely manner to external and internal research enquiries from colleagues, government departments, and academics
- Keep abreast of media coverage on child protection and the out-of-home care sector and develop CREATE’s response/media releases to assist the CEO and/or Media Consultant, and states as required
- Develop and/or deliver presentations at state, national and international conferences
- Take responsibility for data entry area for the Reporting Tool, and critiquing the data for Leadership Committee and Board Reports
- Provide effective individual supervision to the policy and advocacy team members, and conduct regular team meetings
- Perform additional tasks as requested
Key Result areas and Key Selection criteria in full Position Description attached to this ad.
CREATE is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunities and we encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background to apply for the position. People with out-of-home care experience are also strongly encouraged to apply.