Bethany Community Support has been in operation for over 150 years and has supported individuals within the community through a number of programs. We have a broad range of programs which:
- Help build better relationships
- Support the education, wellbeing and safety of children
- Support women and children affected by family violence
- Assist men who use violence to become accountable for their behaviour
- Provide disability services under the NDIS
- Assist people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Assist people experiencing financial stress and provide material aid
- Help those affected by problem gambling
- Support parents in their parenting role
Introduction to role:
Bethany is excited to advertise for the new role of Senior Therapist within the Disability & Therapeutic Services Program based in Warrnambool. Bethany is looking to further develop its Disability Services Program under the NDIS and is seeking Senior Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists, Psychologists and Physiotherapists to join our growing disability services program. Flexible working arrangements are available with full time or part time employment considered and the option to work from multiple office sites including Warrnambool, Portland, Hamilton and Geelong.
- Provide discipline specific Therapy Services for participants of the NDIS within the South West and Regions of Victoria
- Provide evidence based, person focused and family centred assessment and interventions to assist participants and their families achieve the goals identified in individual NDIS plans
- Prepare evidence based discipline specific therapy reports, case notes and progress updates as required by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA)
- Provide discipline specific therapy within a fee for service delivery model. A key requirement of this role will involve the ability to claim a set number of hours of therapy service per day
- Provide discipline specific clinical supervision for new graduates and supervision of students
Skills and attributes:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in relevant discipline
- General Registration with relevant professional body
- Minimum two years post qualifying professional practice
- Advanced clinical skills in the assessment and development of interventions for people with disability
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A knowledge of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and an understanding of the NDIS Quality and safeguards commission
- Experience supervising or mentoring new graduates and/or students
What we offer:
- A diverse and inclusive environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary sacrificing
- Employee Assistance Program
In order to comply with mandatory Child Safety Standards, all employment is subject to a valid and current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Bethany celebrates diversity and seeks to engage respectfully with people of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
A full Position Description is attached below.