Purpose of the position:
Specifically, the Fundraising Manager develops and implements the BOSA Fundraising Strategy by delivering BOSA specific fundraising programs relating to adoptions, individual donors, major donors as well as grants & philanthropic foundations
- Developing and delivering the BOSA Fundraising Strategy
- Identification and acquisition of grants from philanthropic bodies and government departments.
- Major Donor Management
Primary tasks and responsibilities
- Identify and cultivate relationships with prospective existing individual major donors to secure high-level donations and meet targets for growth from this revenue stream
- Develop and introduce a program to identify and nurture prospective major donors from within our supporter base
Philanthropic Grants and Corporate Sector
- Research, identify and secure grants from philanthropic bodies (and government departments) to support specific BOSA campaigns
- Build on the existing corporate work place giving program
- Develop and introduce a program to identify and nurture prospective Bequest donors from within our supporter base
- Maintain relationships with existing Bequest donors
Monitoring and reporting
- Provide regular progress updates against the delivery of specific fundraising activities and income targets and against the overall Fundraising Strategy to the BOSA Directors.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the effectiveness of individual fundraising initiatives and campaigns.
- Work with our existing ambassadors and find new ones to create a profile for BOSA.
Staff and Volunteer Management
- Management of part time staff including the database administrator
- Management of volunteers including Major Donor Assistant and Google Ads Volunteer
- Experienced Fundraising Manager with a minimum 3 years’ experience developing and implementing effective fundraising strategies
- Strong database/CRM knowledge
- Experience in major donor liaison
- Experience with Philanthropic Grants
- Knowledge of Bequest and corporate programs
- Strong experience with donor acquisition, cash appeal management.
- Experience and knowledge of Salesforce CRM
- Experience managing volunteers
- Highly motivated self starter with an ability to prioritise tasks, forward plan, meet deadlines and deliver results
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in protecting the environment and a commitment to BOSA philosophy and mission
- Ability to work autonomously
- Experience with Microsoft Office software and Google Apps
- Experience with donor databases
Support Staff to the Fundraising Manager
Donor Communications Manager
The Donor Communications Manager will work closely with the Fundraising Manager on fundraising aspects. The main responsibilities of this role are:
- All donor communications, including news, updates and fundraising emails, social and mail
- Collaborate with Fundraising Manager to implement Fundraising initiatives
- Undertake Direct Marketing campaigns, including mail and online appeals
- Plan and undertake fundraising through methods such as SMS, FB, Crowd Funding etc
- Retention and Acquisition of all donors
- Manage Communication Calendar
- Oversee Adoption Program in liaison with Cathy (Marketing retention and acquisition programs)
- Social Media Management
- Website management
- Manage Donor relations/Administration staff and social media volunteer
- Admin and Fundraising Monthly Reporting for committee
- Compliance and AGM
Donor Relations and Administrator
The Donor Relations and Administrator role is managed by the Donor Communications Manager and will also support and assist the Fundraising Manager where needed. The main aspects of this role are as follows:
- Managing enquiries
- Adoption/donor administration
- Processing and upload of Donations into CRM
- Answering calls
- Renewals and Declines (adoptions, donations and members)
- Welcome and Upgrade Calls
- Enrichment program
- Merchandise fulfilment
The Database Administrator will report to the Fundraising Manager and be responsible for the following:
- Month end reconciliation
- Ensuring consistent management of the database including data integrity and duplicates
- Ensuring users can access data in a form that suits their needs
- Ensuring provision for data security and recovery control
- Preparing reports or data exports as requested
Major Donor Support Volunteer The fundraising manager will be supported by the Major Donor Volunteer, whose responsibilities include:
- Support with creating appropriate communications and documents for major donors and grant submissions
- Research potential new major donor, corporate and grant opportunities
- Provide advice on incorporating major donor strategies
Google Ads Volunteer
- Oversee google ads program
- Report to Fundraising Manager
Location and Logistics
All applicants must have an Australian work visa if not an Australian Citizen.
The position reports to our Committee via the President. The fundraising manager would attend Committee meetings by Skype once a month.
The position can be operated from a home office. Requirements are:
- PC/Mac with Microsoft Office
- Broadband connection
Phone, Internet costs and out of pocket expenses are reimbursed.
The role is approx. 10 hours per week.
An agreed rate of $50 per hour is envisaged. The Fundraising Manager would invoice BOSA (ABN required).
Borneo Orangutan Survival Australia (BOSA) is a predominantly volunteer organisation raising funds for rescued orangutans. It was established in 2001.
We work in Australia to raise funds and awareness of the orangutan situation. Much of our work is to save the orangutan by rescuing and rehabilitating them, with an ultimate goal of releasing them back to the forest where they will be safe from human development, poaching and farming.
BOSA is a sister organisation of Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation Indonesia (BOSF), a non-profit foundation supported by sister organisations around the world.
BOSF works under an official agreement with the Indonesian Ministry of Forestry for the conservation of Bornean orangutans and their ecosystem that works by involving and educating the local people. They focus on orangutan reintroduction, rescue, release and habitat conservation both in East and Central Kalimantan. Currently BOSF manages the biggest orangutan program in the world and is caring for more than 600 orangutans in East and Central Kalimantan. So far over 370 Orangutans have been returned to the wild. BOSF also manages a peat land conservation area which provides habitat for 3,000 wild orangutans in Central Kalimantan.