- Become part of a team that is devoted to making the world a mentally healthier place
- An exciting opportunity to support a collaborative fundraising team by providing database management and providing insights, analysis and reporting to inform the delivery of fundraising campaigns and revenue growth
- Full time ongoing position
About the Institute
The Black Dog Institute is a Medical Research Institute and a global leader in translational mental health research. We harness the latest technology and other tools to quickly turn our world-class research findings into clinical services, education and e-health products that improve the lives of people with mental illness and the wider community.
We pride ourselves on translating our own world leading Workplace Mental Health research into an award-winning culture that encompasses a holistic view of wellbeing. We aim to create a positive, mentally healthy workplace that recognises the importance of meaningful work, balanced lifestyles, psychological well-being and continual learning whilst being guided by our core values - Collaboration, Compassion, Excellence, Innovation and Respect. We offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Salary packaging
- Commitment to Learning and Development
- Flexible working hours and work-life balance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly office
- Social and team events
About the Role
This position is responsible for supporting the Fundraising and Development Team by providing database administration and management for Raisers Edge/NXT, and providing strategic data-driven insights, analysis and reporting to inform the delivery of financially successful fundraising campaigns and fundraising revenue growth for Black Dog Institute.
- Maintain business as usual support and maintenance of RE and NXT.
- Maintain user membership, including set-up of new users, with appropriate security settings.
- Liaise with Blackbaud on any scheduled maintenance and lodgement of job tickets for technical or service-related issues.
- Ensure database structure, data protocols, policy and business rules are applied consistently by users and make necessary changes in conjunction with the team as required.
- Ensure donor data is up-to-date and regularly undertake database housekeeping, including but not limited to deduping, data cleansing and other activities to ensure data integrity and quality.
- Export data files from a variety of third party platforms and import data into RE.
- Support the F&D team by building queries, segments, exclusion lists and exporting data for specific campaigns, appeals and other fundraising activities.
- Work with external suppliers to undertake database management activities as required.
- Actively participate in BDI-wide data working groups and database integration activities to ensure Fundraising requirements are prioritised and advanced.
- Take a pro-active role in analysing data and providing rich insights which drive and inform successful fundraising campaigns and programs.
- Undertake post-campaign analysis for all fundraising activities to provide key insights.
- Work with other BDI teams, such as Marketing and Communications, IT, Finance and other teams to ensure positive F&D representation in issues related to data integration, RE upgrades, website, marketing automation and other BDI-wide data initiatives.
- Analyse data to provide recommendations for undertaking new campaigns or approaches.
- Manage the working relationship with Blackbaud and be a key contact for BDI.
- Provide strategic data insights, recommendations and reporting to inform the direction of fundraising at BDI.
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology, Computing (or equivalent) preferably degree level.
- Experience and understanding in working in and supporting a Fundraising team, including best practices and the role data plays in driving fundraising strategy and campaigns.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience with Raisers Edge.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining a relational database in a fundraising environment including queries development, analysis, import/export of data.
- Advanced competency in a range of IT skills/toolsets including SQL, CRM, HTML, CSS, Campaign Monitor, Crystal Reports, advanced Excel and other Microsoft Office software.
- Strong analytical skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to establish and maintain relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in completing projects successfully on-time and in-budget.
- Alignment with mental health and wellbeing.
A full position description is available below.