About the Business and the Role
Banyule Support and Information Centre Inc. (BANSIC) is a not for profit incorporated association established to provide services for the relief of poverty within the southern area of the City of Banyule by providing services of emergency relief, information, advocacy and referral to other support services or agencies
The Manager will be responsible for the day to day management and the ongoing development of BANSIC and lead a team of staff and volunteers in providing vital services to the community.
The agency is based in Heidelberg West and currently has an Opportunity Shop in MacLeod with plans for a future shop.
To be successful in this role you will have well developed organisational skills and be confident in taking the initiative to run activities. You will also have great people skills, building and maintaining strong relationships with our team, stakeholders and partners. The role requires a positive attitude to see and develop opportunities for future growth of our organisation to meet the needs of the residents of Southern Banyule.
You will also need to be flexible with your work times across the span of each week to meet the changing demands and needs of our clients and the effective delivery of services.
- The Manger’s role is 20 hours a week with a permanent part-time contract.
- Pay is under the Social and Community Services Employee (level 6, pay point 1)
- You will be responsible to the Committee of Management.
- From time to time you will be required to travel between various locations, predominately in Melbourne, to promote, manage and deliver BANSIC’s programs.
- This position will have the Volunteer Coordinator reporting to you.
Qualification and Key attributes
- Qualifications and/or demonstrated experience relevant to community development
- Victorian Driver’s Licence
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing strategic and business plans including supporting policies, procedures, manuals and forms
- Strong communication skills with an ability to engage effectively with a diverse range of people and organisations
- High level of organisational capability, able to effectively prioritise, manage self and others’ and deliver against plans and targets
- Experience in working with people who are in need.
- Competency in MS Office programs
- Qualifications and/or demonstrated experience in Quality Management or Project Management
- To be eligible to apply for this position you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold a valid visa.
- You will be required to undergo or hold a current Victorian Police Check.
Key Selection Criteria
- Qualification in the community sector or related field including a demonstrated ability to develop and meet strategic priorities and add value.
- Proven management experience, including a demonstrated experience and ability to lead volunteers and staff to high performance.
- Extensive experience in developing, implementing and evaluating high impact, successful programs and projects.
- Ability to maintain a quality framework to ensure regulatory compliance and continuous improvement.
- Knowledge and experience in supporting members of the community who are disadvantaged.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate with people across all levels of the organisation and community and build collaborative relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Proven experience in working autonomously, meeting deadlines and making complex decisions in a timely manner.
- Willingness to work outside normal hours, if needed, to attend Committee of Management meetings.
Knowledge and experience in business development and grant writing.
A full Position Description is attached below.