The Group Work Facilitator and co-ordinator role will be involved in program design, preparation, implementation and monitoring and evaluation for the Healing and Solidarity circles pilot running August-October 2015. The aim is to gain learnings from this program, continue to develop the model and run ongoing programs in future.
The role is for a duration of 16 weeks, with 1 day per week paid.
- Qualifications in either social work, psychology and or community development
- Training in either counselling, psychotherapy and or mental health
- Experience facilitating mental health and therapeutic related group work programs
- Therapeutic experience addressing trauma related to women’s experiences of violence, abuse and exploitation
- Specific training in trauma-practice and trauma informed care models
- Experience managing crisis
- Strong ability to build rapport, show compassion and carry a non-judgemental and equal approach to practice.
- Knowledge of feminist frameworks and philosophy as it relates to direct service provision and the issue of sexual exploitation
- Understanding of sexual exploitation and its various forms including sex work, prostitution, sexual trafficking, street sex work, sex for exchange and other facets of the legal/illegal sex industry
Workload: 1 day/ 8 hours per week.
Salary: This is a casual, contract role.
0.2 EFT at rate of $40/hour with additional superannuation.