- Generous Salary Packaging
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Fixed term until 30th June 2024
- Full time/ Part time (45.6 -76 hours per fortnight negotiable)
- Remuneration SCHCADS level 5 dependent on qualifications and experience + 11% Employer superannuation
Youth Support + Advocacy Service (YSAS) is one of Australia’s largest and most comprehensive, youth specific community service organisation that enables young people experiencing serious disadvantage to access the resources and support they require to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
YSAS is a Child Safe organisation. We actively promote the safety and wellbeing of young people, and are committed to protecting young people from harm or abuse who come into contact with and/or access our service. Applicants must undergo rigorous screening and recruitment processes, including providing evidence of current WWCC and National Police Check.
About the position
An integral aspect of the role is to provide interventions that target the whole family, particularly parents/carers. It is a dynamic role that incorporates general youth work as well as potential family meetings and informal mediation. Therefore, some afterhours work will be required to meet the needs of young people and families.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Understanding of and experience in working with young people at risk of entering the Criminal Justice System, especially those who have had recent contact with Victoria Police.
- Skills in engaging and working with young people, ranging from advocacy, conducting street based outreach, case management, group work and intensive individual casework.
- Experience in engaging with young people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to assess (young people’s health and well-being, risk situations) and to formulate and implement case plans based in evidence and aligned to the practice standards and values of YSAS.
- Understanding of adolescent development and specific circumstances which impact on consent and family involvement. Inherent in this is the ability to communicate effectively with family members and involve family members in assessment and support plans.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders particularly Courts, family services, mental health providers, CALD specialist services, schools, etc.
For full details of the position, please view the POSITION DESCRIPTION below.
- Service delivery aspects of the role may be modified in order to comply with Victorian Government COVID-19 guidelines.
- As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History check and have a current Working with Children Check.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Cassandra Heward, CP Team Manager on 0439340529 regarding the Youth Worker (Outreach) – Recruitment Ref. Number- 122_2023.
- YSAS is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
- YSAS has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation.