- Location: North (Broadmeadows) Regions
- Vacancy Type: Permanent - Full time / Part Time- Two (2) vacancies
- Job reference: 494385
- Salary Range: $80,897.66 – $98,550.20 (depends on experience)
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of individuals with disabilities?
As a Specialist Behaviour Support (SBS) Practitioner / Psychologist, you will play a pivotal role in enhancing the quality of life for individuals with disabilities. Utilising the Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) approach, which focuses on human rights and evidence-based methods, you'll work collaboratively to reduce the frequency and severity of behaviours of concern while empowering individuals to thrive.
- Manage Clinical Case Load: You will manage a clinical case load within your scope of practice while meeting clinical Key Performance Indicators.
- Apply PBS Concepts: Apply your expertise in disability and Positive Behaviour Support concepts.
- Develop Comprehensive Support Plans: Develop Interim Behaviour Support Plans and conduct Functional Behaviour Assessments to create evidence-informed, proactive Comprehensive Behaviour Support Plans that improve quality of life.
- Implement and Monitor Plans: Implement Behaviour Support Plans, adapting strategies to different environments and training support systems. Continuously monitor and evaluate their effectiveness against measurable outcomes.
- Professional Development: Participate in professional development to expand your skills and knowledge, ensuring consistent, safe, and high-quality behaviour support services.
- Supervision: Engage in supervision provided by Yooralla and/or external providers, and provide supervision to Core-level NDIS registered Behaviour Support Practitioners.
A Proficient Practitioner must demonstrate attainment of completed self-assessment and endorsed according to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) PBS Capability Framework as either all domains “capability met” or as “developing” in their competencies and knowledge at Proficient Level. To be successful in this role you’ll share Yooralla’s values and have:
- Current National Police Record Check
- International Police Check (if required)
- Working with Children Check
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Current driver's license valid in Australia
- Tertiary qualification in relevant discipline (e.g., psychology, social work, occupational therapy, applied behaviour analysis, disability, health)
- Registration (or eligibility for registration) as a Proficient Practitioner under the NDIS Positive Behaviour Support Capability Framework
- Previous experience as a Core/Proficient Practitioner under the NDIS Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) Capability Framework
- Up-to-date Immunisation History
- Access to your vehicle with employment-related travel reimbursement provided (Travel is an expectation of the position)
Professional Experience (Desirable)
- Previous experience working in a disability-related field (e.g., disability support work, support coordination, disability advocacy)
- Lived experience of disability
If you are a Registered Psychologist, you must have:
- Post-graduate tertiary qualification in psychology
- Full registration as a psychologist with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
Sound like you? Hit Apply!
Click the "Apply Now" button. To find out more about this role or working with Yooralla, please contact Nada Grbec on 0499 472 346 or [email protected] using the subject line: Specialist Behaviour Support Practitioner - Proficient / Psychologist enquiry via EthicalJobs.
At Yooralla, you’ll work at Victoria’s most established and recognised for purpose disability service provider with more than 100 years of experience offering high quality support services to people with disability. We work in partnership with adults and children, their families and carers to enable them to live the lives they choose. Find out more about what we do.
We believe in diversity, inclusion and equality and are committed to ensuring that our workplaces are a reflection of the Victorian community. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion brings, and in turn encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies. We strongly encourage people with disability, LGBTQIA+ and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islands People to apply.
Find out more about our workplace culture.