- Play a key role in engaging with community to transition to 100% renewable energy
- Salary: 0.6 pro rata $70k FTE (0.6 = $42K)
- Per annum pro rata (depending on experience)
- Plus 9.5% superannuation
- Tenure: 12-month contract (flexible hours can be negotiated)
Sustainability Victoria have launched their Community Power Hub program 2021 and the Yarra Energy Foundation is the Lead Organisation for a Melbourne Metro Community Power Hub. The project is a partnership between 10 community climate change groups, with support from Councils, funded to upskill and build capacity across all stakeholders, while delivering carbon reduction project deliverables.
The Community Energy Project Officer will be responsible for group level coordination and management of YEF’s growing list of partners and stakeholders, while also assisting in the day-to-day work tasks and operations of the portfolio of YEF’s programs, as well as review and improve emissions and program reporting.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver the administration requirements associated with the a range of YEF Programs
- Support delivery of YEF’s responsibilities and aims to a raft of stakeholders and clients.
- Coordinate the collection, monitoring and reporting of relevant data.
- Coordinate, present, and deliver workshops on energy literacy, and the ‘get off gas’ campaigns.
This role requires collaboration and the ability to work successfully across multiple climate change community groups, commercial suppliers and Councils, as well as a large range of other internal and external stakeholders. The successful applicant will have proven abilities to communicate, negotiate and build relationships between stakeholders.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in energy efficiency or renewables
- Highly developed project planning and management skills, including the ability to successfully facilitate implementation of community initiatives and actions to reduce emissions.
- Highly developed communication skills with experience liaising with a range of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to deliver tasks effectively and on-time.
- Passionate about taking action on the climate crisis
- A deep understanding of current trends and emerging concerns in relation to energy and climate change.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Tertiary qualifications and experience in the following disciplines: sustainability, community development, business, and/or planning
- Ability to demonstrate and display Yarra Energy Foundation Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Ability to work effectively with a large range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven high level analytical and conceptual skills and ability to resolve complex problems.
- Highly developed communication, coordination and reporting skills.
Please note the successful candidate must be willing to undergo a police records check for the purpose of employment.
- Professional learning and development
- Comprehensive leave entitlements
- Flexible working arrangements
For further information please contact Peter Mercouriou on 0474-585-878 or at email@example.com using the subject line: Community Energy Project Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Yarra Energy Foundation prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and a child safe organisation. As a not-for-profit, we are committed to:
- Providing a diverse and inclusive workplace that values the safety and wellbeing of children and young people, as well as all our employees.
- Receiving applications from people of all diverse abilities, skills, languages, cultures and backgrounds including people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and LGBTIQ and gender diverse people.
- Reconciliation and supporting the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander aspirations.
We value the knowledge, skills and talents that all people can share with our workforce and community.