- Ipswich Flexible Learning Centre: Yuggera, Jagera and Ugarapul Country
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION:
The Xavier Flexi Schools Network and Flexible Learning Centres are Catholic Schools in the Edmund Rice tradition. The Flexible Learning Centres (FLCs) offer a full-time and multiyear secondary education program for young people who have disengaged from mainstream schooling. Young people may express a broad range of complex education and social needs and FLCs respond with a variety of flexible and innovative teaching and learning practices including vocational planning and the development of social connectedness.
The purpose of an Edmund Rice Education Australia Flexible Learning Centre is to provide young people with a varied and holistic set of learning experiences supporting them to identify and pursue an individual transition to adulthood, employment, further education and training and social connectedness.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This position is continuing, full-time commencing January 2023. This position is a teaching/facilitation role with 0.5 FTE direct contact delivering programs to young people.
Staff are expected to work within the framework of common ground and demonstrate the ability to work under the four principles of operation; Respect, Honesty, Participation and Safe and Legal.
The prime purpose of the Transitions Officer is to support young people and their families as the enter, progress through and transition on from IFLC in a manner that supports the individual learning needs and goals of the young person.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Key Accountabilities for the Transition Office role are:
- Contribute to the school community and culture
- Participate in the life of the school
- Attend and contribute to school events and daily programs
- Attend staff meetings and participate in staff team collaboration and planning
- Assist with communications and celebration of young people’s success
- Support young people and families as they enter the IFLC community
- Liaise with Guidance Officers, agencies and catholic and independent schools to support referral processes for entry to IFLC
- Liaise with Admin Officer and Senior Admin Officer to collate referral information and obtain information from referring schools
- Communicate with Learning Group workers to provide referrals as places arise
- Support and engage in the enrolment and interview process as appropriate
- Collaborate with the HOC and Associate HOC to lead the YP Induction Program
- Collaborate with Learning Groups, LL Curriculum / Learning Support to move young people between phases of learning during the year
- Coordinate work experience, school based apprenticeship and traineeship opportunities for young people
- Engage in local industry, businesses, agencies, employers, RTOs and workplaces to develop a network of transition support options for young people
- Data collection and reporting
- Collect and collate data in relation to young person engagement in Transitions programs
- Collect and collate data in relation to young people’s post school pathways
- Track young people in their first years after transitioning beyond IFLC to inform future processes
Carry out duties and tasks assigned by Head of Campus or Principal as deemed appropriate.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Experience in guiding young people in post-school options
- Knowledge of 21st Century transferrable skills and human capabilities as apply in a school setting
- Knowledge and experience in vocational education
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working with disengaged young people, including the use of trauma informed practice
- Demonstrated capacity to work autonomously and as a member of a multidisciplinary team, to work collaboratively and establish and maintain professional relationships with stakeholders
- Highly developed interpersonal skills in the context of relating to work colleagues, young people and parents in a cross-cultural environment. In particular, demonstrated success in building relationships with young people at risk
- Commitment to participate in critical reflection around working together under four principles of operation: Respect, Safe and Legal, Honesty and Participation as a means to resolve conflict, negotiate learning, recognise rights, responsibilities and consequences
- Current Queensland Driver’s Licence
- Current Certificate IV TAE
Please visit www.ereafsn.edu.au and follow the Employment Opportunities tab to view the position description and instructions for making an application.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
To apply for this role please clearly identify what position you are applying for and provide the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae outlining relevant work history including contact details of at least three referees including your current employer
Download a copy of the Position Description HERE.
For any questions about the role please contact Dave Capra HoC on 0419 162 921.
Those applicants successful in obtaining an interview will be contacted.