Women’s Safety Services SA (WSSSA) is a leading provider of support services for women and children experiencing domestic & family violence. Our organisation shares a vision for a society where women and their children live safely and thrive in communities free from all forms of violence. Our staff have passion, courage, and resilience that nurture and support life-changing outcomes for clients.
Safe and Well Kids (SAWK) is a collaborative partnership between Relationships Australia (SA), the SA Legal Services Commission and WSSSA. The team are a looking for a Children’s Case Manager to work on a full-time, fixed term basis until June 2024 and perform the following duties:
- Provide specialist case management services to children and young people impacted by domestic & family violence residing in emergency motel or WSSSA accommodation
- Undertake risk assessments and safety planning that promotes the ongoing safety of children within their family context
- Provide initial responses and assessment to identify presenting and longer term needs of children and young people
- Work closely with our domestic case managers and key project stakeholders
To be considered for this position you will have significant experience of case management support and specialist intervention to children and your persons impacted by domestic and family violence. You will be adaptable, self-motivated, friendly and able to cope with ad-hoc work days.
- Experience managing child development and youth issues,
- Provision of risk assessments and safety planning for children & young persons and their carer’s
- Demonstrated knowledge of theoretical approaches and foundations applicable when working with women, youth and children experiencing domestic and family violence;
- You must have qualifications in Social Work, Community Services, Counselling and/or significant experience.
- A current drivers licence, and be eligible for, or hold a DHS Working with Children Check and National Police Clearance
WHY CHOOSE WOMEN’S SAFETY SERVICES SA?
We are proud to offer the following benefits to our valued staff:
- Level 5, Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Award: Hourly rate of $48.13 / Annual $98,859 FTE
- Generous above award Enterprise Agreement entitlements: Including • 5 Wellbeing days • On-Call leave • 6 weeks paid parental leave • Paid Domestic & Family Violence Leave • First Nations Ceremonial, and Cultural leave
- Salary Packaging Options: up to $15,900 tax free and other incentives available
- Commitment to work life balance: flexible hours/ ways of working
- Career Development Opportunities: promotion opportunities, on the job and in-house training.
- Women’s led organisation: client-centred, strengths based, diverse, trauma-informed, supportive and responsive
- Specialist Trauma-informed Employee Assistance Program
WSSSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to building our strengths through a diverse and inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants, applicants of culturally diverse backgrounds, those with disability, and gender diverse applicants are strongly encouraged apply.