- Type of contract: Permanent
- Location: Australia (remote)
- Salary: Starting salary is $109,375 per annum with the possibility of $118,750 based on an assessment of skills and experience at interview stage
- Interview dates: 14th & 15th December 2023
The Private Sector Engagement Manager (Finance) provides financial expertise across World Animal Protection’s global campaigns. They will work flexibly through virtual, integrated campaign teams to deliver World Animal Protection’s strategic global campaigns, leading and supporting the strategic and tactical delivery of corporate campaigning, influencing and engagement. They will develop inspiring and innovative approaches which realise campaign strategies to bring about the transformative change World Animal Protection is aiming for. The role will also manage associated project activity, acting as a primary interface between the campaign teams and new and existing finance targets or partnerships.
The Private Sector Engagement Manager (Finance) plays a key role in the global campaign teams to which they are assigned. They must be able to demonstrate the ability to achieve individual and organisational objectives and targets using effective negotiating and influencing techniques.
Who are we?
World Animal Protection is the global voice for animal welfare, with more than 70 years’ experience campaigning for a world where animals live free from cruelty and suffering.
We have offices in 12 countries and work across 47 countries. We collaborate with local communities, the private sector, civil society and governments to change animals’ lives for the better.
Our goal is to change the way the world works to end animal cruelty and suffering for both wild and farmed animals. Through our global food system strategy, we will end factory farming and create a humane and sustainable food system, that puts animals first. By transforming the broken systems that fuel exploitation and commodification, we will give wild animals the right to a wildlife. Our work to protect animals will play a vital role in solving the climate emergency, the public health crisis, and the devastation of natural habitats.
What will you be doing?
Within the scope of the role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Work with the Head of Private Sector Engagement, the Global Program Director of Animals in Farming and External Engagement, the global campaign teams, and other internal stakeholders.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the finance sector are required to enable the development and delivery of innovative corporate campaigns to influence the sector.
- Identify, develop, engage and manage relationships with a network of private sector and financial targets relevant to the execution of the global campaign corporate campaigning, influencing and engagement objectives
- Ensure the roadmap to achieve the change we want to see in the finance sector outlines clear steps to achieve it.
- Support analysis on which campaign approaches or tactics would be most effective for a successful engagement.
- Contribute to the international Fairer Finance Campaign through providing advice and expertise.
- Lead World Animal Protection’s relationship with investors on responsible investment.
- Coordinate an investor guide on the protein transition from meat to plant-based protein.
- Provide advice to other World Animal Protection country offices, and support offices in their research on companies and private financial institutions.
- Provide advice and input to the international Fairer Finance team, on how to use our private finance work to achieve our broader Food Systems transformation goals.
- Support the FARMS Initiative’s engagement with financial institutions (including research, drafting engagement materials, and attending meetings as/when needed). Promoting the initiative as well as other contributions to the FARMS activity plan.
- Stay up to date with relevant external news, reports and other developments related to the finance sector.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of current affairs relating to finance that will be useful for our campaigns, identifying opportunistic campaign amplification and actions.
- Lead the development of any necessary training materials and/or training sessions for colleagues on how to engage with financial institutions.
- Carry out administrative duties in relation to corporate engagement activity e.g., budget management, contract development, event management, monitoring and evaluation and reporting and any other tasks as reasonably requested.
- Practice strong integrated working across functions and geography.
- Maintain project management approaches which facilitate open, effective, and timely communication.
- Support the Head of Private Sector Engagement in ensuring the development and implementation of consistent strategic approaches that contribute to the organisation’s global strategy.
- Manage all assigned project activity within budgets.
- Take overall responsibility for the effective and efficient management of delegated budget in accordance with World Animal Protection’s financial procedures and local governance regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Who are we looking for?
- Experienced and highly motivated private sector and corporate engagement specialist, with knowledge of how the finance sector operates and a proven track record in developing and delivering global corporate campaigns, influencing and engagement strategies to achieve specific outcomes and impact in the Finance sector.
- Experience in the operational and tactical delivery of global corporate influencing and engagement strategies to a high standard.
- Team player with excellent project management and co-ordination skills and ability to develop and maintain good working relationships across internal departments, teams, cultures, and geographies.
- Strong communicator, and able to constructively engage and motivate external and internal stakeholders, to develop and deliver project solutions.
- First class analytical and decision-making skills - able to assimilate and analyse information quickly and accurately to effectively inform campaign strategies and tactics.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, including written and spoken English.
- Works well under pressure of deadlines.
- Flexible to undertake international travel.
- A passion for animal welfare and a strong commitment to the aims and values of World Animal protection.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent work experience.
- Experience of working effectively with colleagues and external stakeholders in different countries and different cultural contexts.
- Experience working within a matrix environment, across multiple projects in a medium/large sized organisation.
- Experience of working in an international NGO environment.
To achieve our aim of making World Animal Protection a Diverse and Inclusive employer, we particularly welcome applications from individuals of traditionally under-represented communities and backgrounds.
At World Animal Protection we recruit with our values & behaviours in mind. Please bear this in mind through your application journey.
- Global: We make decisions & act with a global mindset
- Diverse and Inclusive: We actively encourage and promote diversity, ensure all voices are heard and included and are committed to equal opportunities for all
- Collaborative: We work together and co-create to achieve lasting change
- Agile: We make change happen in a fast-moving world
- Growing People: We continually learn and develop
- Accountable: We are role models. We take responsibility for our actions and encourage others to do the same
- Courageous: We push boundaries, take risks and set ambitious targets
A position description is attached.