Do you have a passion for bringing different stakeholder groups together, collaborating and building projects that will help your community?
Do you want to work in a role that aims to support and improve the lives of those ageing in our community? Then we want to hear from you!
Contract Type: This position is being offered in a full-time capacity.
Location: Kingswood NSW (hybrid work arrangements may be considered upon application in line with our Work from Home Policy).
Remuneration: $90,569 - $93,734* (potential maximum grossed up salary equivalent $98,944 - $102,109**).
*Dependent on skills and experience
**Based on NFP salary packaging tax benefits (which may be subject to criteria)
- Contribute to strategies and initiatives for vulnerable population groups including people with complex chronic diseases.
- Support Residential Aged Care Homes (RACHs) build their capacity to enhance supports for their residents and ensure continuity of care.
The Program Development Officer Healthy Ageing will contribute to the implementation of a range of initiatives that facilitate more timely access to primary health care professionals, improving the management of chronic conditions and reducing the need for hospitalisation where it can be avoided. This role will assist with the development of activities that support healthy ageing and older people to live at home longer.
To be successful in this role you will need significant project management experience and an analytical approach to solving problems. You will need highly developed interpersonal skills and thrive on the ability to juggle parallel priorities.
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or equivalent experience in the field of health, aged care, program management or community services.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Residential Aged Care Homes and/or the aged care sector.
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and oral, and engagement skills to foster and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated program management experience with problem solving skills and the capacity to analyse information and plan approaches.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with primary health care providers including General Practitioners, Nurse Practitioners and Allied Health Providers.
- Demonstrated, highly developed organisational skills with the ability to manage several parallel priorities and achieve desired outcomes within specific timeframes.
- Proven ability to utilise information technology tools (in particular the Microsoft Office suite, customer relations databases, email, and internet) to an intermediate level.
About the Organisation
We are an organisation with a great workplace culture and a vision to improve the health and wellbeing of the people in our community. Our annual, independent staff surveys for the last 5 years have rated us as a ‘truly great’ place to work.
- We are a TEAM of like-minded professionals who share the same values.
- We are committed to the improved health and wellbeing of the people in our community.
- We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO).
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Wentworth Healthcare offers additional benefits to our employees, these include:
- Hybrid work opportunities (in line with our Work from Home Policy).
- Not for profit Salary Packaging taxation benefits including up to $15,900 for living expenses and $2,650 for meal and entertainment (which may be subject to criteria).
- 3 Days Christmas Shutdown Leave (in addition to 20 days Annual leave).
- Up to 2 days Family and Community Leave and 1 day Wellbeing Leave per annum (in addition to 10 days Sick/Personal Leave).
- Generous support toward professional development.
- Free onsite parking.
- Modern, innovative office building with ample natural light and surrounded by landscaped parkland.
For more information about Wentworth Healthcare, please visit: here.
How to Apply
Click Apply now to review the Position Description and to apply.
What we need from you:
- A cover letter
- Your CV
- Your answers to the selection requirements (specified above)
- Applicants who do not apply via the above specified method will not be considered.
- Applications will only be considered if they address the selection criteria.
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia (VEVO checks will be conducted to confirm your eligibility to work in Australia).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No recruitment agencies please.
- As part of our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, Wentworth Healthcare strongly encourages all employees to be vaccinated.
- A selection panel will assess your application against the criteria stated above.
- Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
- Following the interviews, reference checks and Criminal Record Checks will also be undertaken.
If you have any questions, please contact People and Culture on 02 4708 8100.