Assist in the planning of emergency and/or natural disaster response in the Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Lithgow, and Penrith regions.
- Contract Type: Full time
- Location: Kingswood, NSW (hybrid work opportunities may be considered upon application in line with our Work from Home Policy).
- Remuneration: From $97,013 - $100,407* (potential maximum grossed up salary equivalent $105,389 - $108,783**)
*Dependant on skills and experience
**Based on NFP salary packaging tax benefits (which may be subject to criteria)
The Emergency and Disaster Coordinator will lead and manage projects that build Wentworth Healthcare’s capacity to support primary health care services prepare for, respond to, and recover from disasters, emergencies, and significant health events.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for building strategic partnerships with disaster and emergency agencies to improve the allocation of resources and access to health services for communities hit by disasters and pandemics. This role will also be key in the development of primary health preparedness and response planning, communication, and training.
We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running, utilising their strong project management skills and highly developed communication and engagement skills, building on our existing work which has been recognised nationally. Our ideal candidate will have a tertiary level qualification, highly developed writing skills and knowledge and/or experience in the primary health care sector.
- Tertiary qualification and or equivalent experience in the field of health, social science, or project management, (disaster planning or emergency preparedness and response experience would be an advantage).
- Highly developed communication and engagement skills to enable effective communication across multiple styles and mediums to meet the outcomes of both the organisation and partnerships.
- Ability to take responsibility, demonstrate autonomy and expert judgement within area of expertise, including taking responsibility for program outcomes.
- Highly developed writing skills, with experience researching, preparing, and writing policies, frameworks, plans and reports.
- Proven ability to manage projects from design through to implementation, whilst considering risks and mitigation requirements for the organisation.
- Proven ability to utilise information technology tools, in particular the Microsoft Office suite, to an intermediate level.
- Knowledge and experience working in the primary health care sector.
About the Organisation
We are an organisation with a great workplace culture and a vision to improve the health and wellbeing of the people in our community. Our annual, independent staff surveys for the last 5 years have rated us as a ‘truly great’ place to work.
- We are a TEAM of like-minded professionals who share the same values.
- We are committed to the improved health and wellbeing of the people in our community.
- We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO).
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Wentworth Healthcare offers additional benefits to our employees, these include:
- Hybrid work opportunities may be considered in line with our Work from Home Policy.
- Not for profit Salary Packaging taxation benefits including up to $15,900 for living expenses and $2,650 for meal and entertainment (which may be subject to criteria).
- 3 Days Christmas Shutdown Leave (in addition to 20 days Annual leave).
- Up to 2 days Family and Community Leave and 1 day Wellbeing Leave per annum (in addition to 10 days Sick/Personal Leave).
- Generous support toward professional development.
- Free onsite parking.
- Modern, innovative office building with ample natural light and surrounded by landscaped parkland.
For more information about Wentworth Healthcare, please visit here.
How to Apply
Click Apply now to review the Position Description and to apply.
What we need from you:
- A cover letter
- Your CV
- Your answers to the selection requirements (specified above)
- Applicants who do not apply via the above specified method will not be considered.
- Applications will only be considered if they address the selection criteria.
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia (VEVO checks will be conducted to confirm your eligibility to work in Australia).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No recruitment agencies please.
- As part of our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, Wentworth Healthcare strongly encourages all employees to be vaccinated.
- A selection panel will assess your application against the criteria stated above.
- Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
- Following the interviews, reference checks and Criminal Record Checks will also be undertaken.
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources on 02 4708 8100.