About The Position
To provide effective operational management for a service that promotes individual and community wellbeing and reduced substance abuse through the provision of culturally appropriate drug and alcohol and other drug prevention, education, treatment, rehabilitation and aftercare services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
The position holder is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the MARRS, including the supervision and support of a multi-disciplinary team and the varied reporting as prescribed by the funding agreement.
- Relevant qualification in management or human services delivery
- Previous experience managing a program providing services to the Aboriginal Community
- Demonstrated awareness of sensitivity to Aboriginal culture and knowledge of understanding of the impact of drug and alcohol use and misuse on Aboriginal communities around Australia
- Ability to provide staff management
- Demonstrated high level time management and organisational skills
- Experience in annual reporting requirements such as through action or business plans, proposals and/or budgeting
- Knowledge of other relevant local government and non-government organisations and ability to maintain working relationships with such organisations
- Demonstrated, and current issues affecting lives of Aboriginal people
- Working with Children and Criminal Record check clearances and a current NSW Drivers Licence
Relocation assistance is available to the suitable applicant, if relocating to Moree.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to applied.
Note: Aboriginality is a genuine occupational qualification for the above position and is authorised under Section 14D of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 No. 48.
Applicants are required to provide:
- A cover letter with a detailed response to the essential criteria listed in the position description
- A copy of your current resume
- Details of 2 referees (one must be a current supervisor)
Contact email address:
- [email protected] using the subject line: Manager - Moree Aboriginal Residential Rehabilitation Service - Moree application via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.