VolunteeringACT is the peak body for volunteering and community information in the Canberra Region, as well as being a service provider of programs for people experiencing disadvantage and isolation, people with disability, and people needing support for mental wellness. Through our activities, we improve inclusivity, enable sustainable volunteering, and create a more resilient Canberra community.
About the role
The Inclusive Volunteering Program – Pathways to Employment works with people living with disability or mental health conditions to help meet their employment goals by supporting them in a volunteering role that will build those skills.
The Inclusive Volunteering Program Coordinator facilitates the program in the ACT, working collaboratively with the coordinators in NSW and Tasmania. This role can be undertaken full time, part-time or under a job share arrangement.
- Develop, implement, deliver, and evaluate all activities in the Inclusive Volunteering Program as per the funding agreement including:
- Provide volunteering organisations with informed, inclusion focussed and best practice volunteering advice, support, and training to involve volunteers with barriers on a pathway to employment
- Support individuals with barriers to identify and shape their employee goals and source appropriate volunteering roles that contribute to those goals
- Match volunteers with a mentor where appropriate based on consideration of a broad range of factors for both the volunteer and the mentor to ensure outcomes are met
- Support and develop advice and recommendations from the Participant Advisory Group through a co-design framework to ensure program delivery meets the needs of people living with disability
- Work collaboratively in a team across three jurisdictions to support consistent and high-quality service delivery and develop innovative practices
- Prepare, update, and deliver, including assisting with understanding and completion, all relevant documentation, training courses, resources, and information packs for the program
- Maintain highly effective communication for the Program including tailoring communication style and approach to address individual needs, and a focus on inclusive language
- Maintain an effective volunteer and mentor database, regularly review information, and update as needed (including keeping accurate and up-to-date case notes) including identifying opportunities for streamlining information management
- Effectively recruit, screen, train and manage mentor volunteers to meet organisational and program objectives including utilising retention and recognition techniques
- Adhere to VolunteeringACT’s policies, procedures, systems, and legislative requirements
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all interactions with external stakeholders, including regular formal and informal feedback and program evaluation
- Build and maintain professional relationships, including collaboration with key stakeholders
- Prepare high-quality reports for relevant departments, the board of directors, and the executive team
- Identify, research, and recommend new service or product opportunities in line with operational and strategic plans
- Actively and professionally represent the organisation at events, expos and meetings as required
- Contribute to the smooth running and facilitation of both business sites including regular shifts at the Community Info Hub including volunteer management activities
- Respond to all general enquiries including resolving member and VolunteeringACT online platform enquiries in a professional and timely manner
- Contribute to organisational priorities including ongoing program alignment and partnering
- Contribute to VolunteeringACT’s policy and advocacy work by facilitating and participating in consultations with participants and other Program stakeholders from an inclusion perspective.
If you have any questions or queries about this position, please contact Linda Beaver on 02 6251 4060 or via email at [email protected] using the subject line: Inclusive Volunteering Program Coordinator (Paid Position) enquiry via EthicalJobs for a confidential chat.
A position description is attached.