- Job Title: Nature Stewards Program Coordinator
- Location: Flexible work conditions – work from home, program delivery sites and the Green Building, Carlton VIC 3053
- Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours/week (1.0 EFT)
- Status: Parental leave position, 12 months, starting late February/early March 2024. Fixed term with possibility for extension.
- Salary Range: $92,625 - $96,818 (1.0 EFT) plus Superannuation (subject to new EBA)
- Reports to: Community Learning and Engagement Manager
The Victorian National Parks Association is an effective and influential nature conservation organisation. We’ve led the creation, oversight and defence of Victoria’s natural estate for over 70 years.
VNPA advocates for evidence-based policy to safeguard wildlife, habitat and protected areas. We inspire connections with nature through citizen science, activities, community action and education.
We are an independent, non-profit, non-government, and membership-based charity.
About the Nature Stewards Program
The program offers 6 to 10 week courses that connect curious people with their local and wider Victorian environments.
Participants gain knowledge, learn practical skills and meet like-minded people in their communities. They discover ways to help nature at home and through local volunteering.
Courses are delivered by contracted facilitators and expert guest presenters, hosted by local councils or other local groups.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an enthusiastic coordinator to lead the Nature Stewards program. Help improve the nature-based literacy of communities across Victoria and bring immediate positive change to the lives of participants and their local habitats.
Work with an incredible team across VNPA, local councils, natural resource managers, First Nations communities, tertiary educators, and environmental volunteer groups to get more Victorians to connect with and act for nature.
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Set up nature education courses across the state
- Coordinate a team of contracted course facilitators and guest presenters to deliver courses
- Work with a huge variety of stakeholders
- Support community participants in their learning journeys and their actions as alumni
- Be part of building the Nature Stewards program impact in Victoria and beyond
- Be part of VNPA's family of community learning and engagement programs
COORDINATOR SELECTION CRITERIA
Essential skills and qualities
- Demonstrated commitment to the vision and mission of VNPA and Nature Stewards Program
- Program management skills, and a good understanding of the requirements for successful community program delivery
- Demonstrated experience working in the adult education and/or nature education, community organisations, and/or working with governments
- Capacity to write publicity materials, reports, and other documents to a publishable standard
- Proficiency with online communication and management platforms, such Zoom, Facebook, Instagram, Survey Monkey, Word, Excel, Canva, and pCloud
- An understanding of the organisations involved in natural resource management and nature conservation industries, and education system in Victoria
- Experience in managing risks, particularly in regard to field sessions
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders from community groups, councils and government
- A high degree of organisation, communication skills, and competency in organising events and public speaking
- Ability to operate independently, with a minimum of day-to-day oversight, including a proactive approach to solving issues and identifying opportunities as they arise
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of Victorian biodiversity and conservation issues
For enquiries please contact the Community Learning and Engagement Manager Caitlin Griffith on [email protected] using the subject line: Nature Stewards Program Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs or 03 9341 6500.
For further information please visit our website: www.vnpa.org.au.
A position description is attached.