To provide proactive, timely and confidential executive administrative support to the CEO and Deputy CEO (CEO/Deputy CEO) including diary management, organising meetings, travel and accommodation, preparing documents, reports, letters, submissions and related material.
The Executive Assistant is expected to develop and maintain effective administrative systems, communication and working relationships internally and with key external stakeholder organisations.
This is an office-based role with some negotiation for flexibility.
- Ongoing position
- 9 day fortnight (0.9 FTE)
- SCHADS Award pay scale Level 5 Pay Point 1
THIS IS A LIVED EXPERIENCE, CONSUMER POSITION:
Applicants must have a lived experience of mental health issues or emotional distress and of being a consumer of mental health services. Applicants must consider themselves to be work ready at an executive assistant level.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Qualification in administration, business or management or extensive experience in providing executive support and assistance at a senior level.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and to set and achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills in all facets of MS Office and database management.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customer service skills to deal confidently and courteously with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and integrity and to exercise sound initiative and judgement when assisting with sensitive and confidential matters.
- Demonstrated organisational and problem-solving ability, including the ability to prioritise, work and meet regular deadlines under pressure, with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to prepare correspondence, reports and other documents, and experience in the development, maintenance and continuous improvement of filing and information systems.
- A current Victorian Driver's License and is prepared to travel for work purposes.
- Current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
- Comply with the VMIAC Code of Conduct working to create a safe, supportive and harmonious workplace.
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of diversity, culture and human rights.
- Keep up to date with contemporary administrative support, changes in the sector and their implications for VMIAC.
- Actively participate in or organise meetings and consumer forums, including arranging attendance of participants, venues and catering where appropriate, and prepare and distribute relevant documents as directed by the CEO/ Deputy CEO.
- Assist in organising and participating in staff wellbeing events and programs as directed by the CEO/Deputy CEO.
- Contribute to Workplace Health and Safety by taking reasonable care for personal health and safety and that of others in the workplace and raising suggestions and concerns as they arise to ensure a safe work environment for employees, consumers and visitors.
- With appropriate approvals, organise and coordinate maintenance, repairs and cleaning for the VMIAC premises, liaise with all contractors and maintain accurate and up-to-date records and service requirements
- Coordinate travel and accommodation arrangements, ensuring compliance with relevant policy and practice.
- Complete tasks as assigned and required by the CEO/Deputy CEO or other duties as directed.
CEO/Deputy CEO support responsibilities
Provide timely, effective diary management by prioritising and organising meetings with internal and external stakeholders in consultation with the CEO/ Deputy CEO and ensure the calendar and filing is up-to-date, accurate and manageable at all times;
- Provide secretariat support for meetings that the CEO/Deputy CEO chairs including scheduling, provision of key documents, coordinating meeting arrangements and preparation and distribution of all necessary correspondence, emails, presentations and other documents.
- Review and record all incoming correspondence and emails to the office of the CEO, including allocating, redirecting to appropriate people for action and following up on the preparation of responses.
- Review and record all incoming CEO/Deputy CEO correspondence and emails and allocate or redirect to appropriate people for action or following up on the preparation of CEO/Deputy CEO responses.
- Act as the first point of contact with external stakeholders and screen all incoming calls to the CEO/Deputy CEO and redirect to appropriate person for attention.
- Proactively deliver a full range of administrative support and information management system, identifying and implementing process improvements and making recommendations as part of continual improvement.
Committee of Management Support responsibilities
Prepare all information required for reporting and presentation at monthly Committee meetings.
Support and development
All VMIAC roles include training and development opportunities, which can include the development of leadership and other required skills and attendance at conferences.
For enquiries relating to this position, please contact CEO Craig Wallace on 0499 176 939 or email@example.com, using the subject line: Executive Assistant enquiry via EthicalJobs.
No late applications will be accepted.
Interviews will be held on Thursday December 2nd from 2-4pm and Friday December 3rd from 9-11am. You must be available during these times, if you are successful for an interview.
This position will start on January 10, 2022.