At UnitingSA, we’re all about respect, compassion and justice, and empowering South Australians to overcome life’s challenges. Established in 1919, today our team of more than 1,000 employees and volunteers deliver critical housing, aged care and community services to more than 12,000 South Australians in need every year.
Every aspect of what we do is unified by determination, respect for everyone’s unique worth and a passion for empowering people. Explore our vision and values: https://unitingsa.com.au/about-us/
This is an exciting opportunity to join UnitingSA’s Leisure and Lifestyle team as our Leisure and Lifestyle Officer (Roving). The role will include working across our 5 residential aged care facilities. You’ll be part of a highly motivated team focused on achieving positive community outcomes and making a difference in the lives of older people.
- Develop activities in consultation with residents and families to reflect individual cultural, spiritual, religious and personal preferences.
- Provide appropriate support and guidance to residents and their families in regards to leisure activities.
- Develop with the team, a weekly program of activities.
- Ensure the program of activities is planned and acted upon and includes outings and activities within the facility which are suitable for all residents’ abilities and interests.
- Ensure residents are assisted to maintain their optimal level of social and physical function
- Ensure that residents have a choice of leisure activities.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in relation to the operations and clients and carers at all times.
- Participate in meetings, workgroups, planning and development of activities when required.
- Maintain effective relationships with residents, their families and all other internal stakeholders.
- Assist volunteers who are recruited by People & Culture and ensure they are trained and supported to assist in enhancing individual resident lifestyle programs (including induction).
Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience in Lifestyle/Diversional Therapist Role.
- Demonstrable knowledge of aged needs and recreational aids for elderly people.
- Proven ability to monitor and review recreational needs of elderly people.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills, including Word and Excel.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- An understanding of the aged care standards, documentation requirements and accreditation process.
- An understanding of the ageing process that includes cognitive decline and physical disabilities.
- Understanding of client-focussed care, which supports dignity, independence and informed consultative decision-making.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, common law and industry practices.
- Demonstrable knowledge of activity programming for the aged.
- Demonstrable knowledge of a wide range of recreational activities.
In return, you will work in a passionate and motivated organisation where you can see firsthand the positive difference you make in the lives of our community’s most vulnerable. We believe in developing and investing in our team and providing work/life balance through flexible work arrangements.
What we offer:
- Salary packaging (which can add up to $15,900 in tax-free pay per year)
- A competitive salary in accordance with experience
- A strong commitment to your professional and personal development
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- Other perks, including discounted health insurance
For a confidential discussion, please contact Renee Farrell, Lifestyle Manager Residential Services, Aged Care, ph. 0459 858 620.
We aim to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our clients and to improve equal employment opportunity for our employees. We encourage applications from all members of the community, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and mature aged people. To view our Reconciliation Action Plan please visit: https://unitingsa.com.au/rap/.
If you are inspired to make a positive difference and would like to be considered for this opportunity please apply now.
UnitingSA reserves the right to close this advertisement before the closing date if a suitable candidate is identified.