About the Role
This is a full-time, 12 months closed period contract. This position is based in the Wollondilly / Campbelltown area.
As a caseworker you will support young people to maintain their current living arrangements or to secure new accommodation. This role helps young people with living skills, budgeting, tenancy support. Building connections with schools and supporting young people in a group work environment is a key component of this role.
Your experience ticks the following boxes
- Relevant qualifications and demonstrated relevant work experience with young people
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues impacting on homeless young people and families
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive, honest and productive relationships with young people and families. Demonstrated experience in developing a support plan, provide casework support and follow up
- Ability to provide effective assessment and referral for a variety of issues and facilitate young people's access to services that will meet their needs
- Ability to initiate and develop positive connections with relevant agencies, programs and services in local communities
- Excellent communication skills including-advocacy, mediation, conflict resolution, and written skills
- Ability to contribute to program development and evaluation
In return we offer:
- Salary from $76,938 base, plus super and access to salary packaging
- Access to a range of employee benefits (FITNESS Passport, U-Rewards program, Benestar Employee Assistance Program and the Uniting With Hearts Reward and Recognition Program)
- Ongoing professional and personal development opportunities across our varied service streams.
If you would like more information, please reach out to Soraya Kauhiva from the Talent Acquisition team on 0466 867 721 or [email protected] using the subject line: Youth Caseworker - Doorways enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police Check and Reference Checks.