Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
Our Human Resources Business Partners provide a range of HR services to line managers and employees as well as deliver people initiatives and programs developed by the Centres of Excellence (CoE) in a nationally consistent, timely and effective manner. This role will support Salvos Stores based in ACT/NSW/QLD. Some travel will be required.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Deliver a range of HR services to the division/business unit utilising the support of the HR Services team and CoE (as needed).
- Ensure all HR services and initiatives within the portfolio meet identified needs and that services implemented as required by the Talent Acquisition team, HR Services and other Centres of Excellence meet requirements and add value.
- Support the continued development of people management capability of leaders by providing the information and tools they need and where necessary support them in their application.
- Provide advice to managers in the resolution of team issues including performance management, grievances, investigations, role changes and remuneration reviews.
- Deliver HR initiatives and programs developed by the CoE in a nationally consistent, timely and effective manner.
- Support the transition of HR services to one national framework by ensuring the consistent application of HR policies, processes, tools and systems
- The position can be located in Sydney or Brisbane and may require interstate travel.
- For this role you will have a minimum of 5 years full time experience in HR roles, ideally in a retail environment
- Diploma in HR or related field
- A working knowledge of CHRIS21 or other HRIS is desirable
- Passionate about building strong relationship with your stakeholders, peers and team and working collaboratively to deliver impactful solutions
- Ability to think on your feet, solve problems and implement solutions
- Able to work independently and deliver to agreed deadlines with a results driven approach
- There will be some travels involved
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.