- 22.8 hours per week
- 3 year max-term contract
- Brisbane QLD
Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
Help people build longer-term capability to budget, manage their money and make informed choices. Deliver financial literacy education, information and coaching and maintain a strong focus on supporting consumers in line with The Salvation Army mission, Moneycare policy and procedures and the Doorways model of service delivery, as well as to the requirements of the relevant professional, regulation and funding bodies.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- An appreciation of and the ability and willingness to promote and support the values and ethos of The Salvation Army.
- WHS - knowledge of work health safety obligations and to practice these in the workplace in line with TSA policy & procedures and legislation.
- Professional development required to maintain skills for the role.
- Certificate IV in Community Services, incorporating the three financial literacy units, or be willing to complete within six months of being employed.
- Willingness to undergo a National Police Check.
- Hold a Working with Children Check (NSW/ACT), Blue Card (Queensland).
- Current Driver's licence
SKILLS and Behaviours:
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal, active listening and analytical skills.
- Proficiency working within a Windows Office environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under conflicting time pressures.
- Compassionate and non-judgmental.
- Ability to summon confidence and faith of client.
- Demonstrated ability to work with different cultures and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated money management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people suffering difficulties and crisis.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION:
- Willingness to travel on occasion for training and development
- Help people build longer-term capability to budget, manage their money and make informed choices. (The role does not include providing financial counselling, financial advice, or dealing with complex financial or legal matters.)
- Operate with automony within TSA, funding body and Moneycare policies and procedures, managing own scheduling case load and reporting of statistical data.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.