WHO WE ARE
The Station Ltd. is a community-based organisation, which operates a drop-in centre for Sydney’s homeless and unemployed people.
Our mission is to provide a range of services for people who are having difficulty attaining and sustaining adequate and secure accommodation, health status, personal autonomy and dignity.
The Station continues to run the core day centre and the Housing Support Program which enables long term homeless people to access and maintain permanent housing. The drop in centre meets peoples’ immediate needs for basic facilities and offers an environment that enables service users to make informed and considered decisions about their longer-term plans.
WE BELIEVE IN
- People having choices in their own lives
- People being given dignity, respect, privacy and confidentiality
- Valuing people
- The right of people to access services on a non discriminatory basis
- Having accountability to the community for the services we provide
- Minimising the harm and social problems to the individual and to the community resulting from alcohol, drugs, homelessness, mental illness, domestic violence and other self harm or social harm actions
- Providing prevention, early intervention, referral to specialised services and ongoing support to our client group
- Understanding policies and procedures that affect target groups such as homeless and unemployed people. Excellent written and oral communication skills, including report writing. Commitment and enthusiasm.
- Motivational and organisational skills.
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications
- Current Australian driver’s licence
- First Aid certificate
- Computer literacy
- Current Police check (National Police Certificate) for employment
- Australian Citizenship
- Covid-19 vaccination status and community network/agencies.
If this sounds like the role for you, please click Apply Now to submit your application.