- Reports to: General Manager, Brand & Partnerships
- Direct report/s: Nil
- Employment type : Part Time (0.8 FTE) with the opportunity of full time in future
- SCHCADS classification: Level 4 to Level 5 (dependant on candidates experience)
WHO IS THE MAN CAVE
The Man Cave uses evidence-based workshops and expert facilitation to ensure our programs provide boys with the critical emotional and social skills they need to lead flourishing lives for themselves, their relationships and their communities. Our vision is to create a world in which every young man has healthy relationships, reaches his full potential and contributes to his community.
Since 2014, we have positively impacted the lives of over 50,000 young men across Australia and 95% of our participants ‘strongly recommend’ the program to other young men. We have worked with 3,000+ parents, teachers and community members to better support the young men in their lives.
The Research & Evaluation Coordinator role will play a vital role in enabling TMC to achieve our strategic objectives by contributing to an evidence-informed approach, strengthening our evaluation processes, and increasing our ability to tell the story of our impact. The position will also coordinate our longitudinal research strategy, including managing data collection and developing key metrics to evaluate The Man Caves impact.
Program Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Lead the development, collection, detailed analysis and reporting of evaluation data across all TMC activities, including but not limited to, boys’ programs, educator trainings, facilitator training and digital / online platforms (eg. Twitch)
- Establish mechanisms and resources to adequately capture and analyse feedback from all impact activities to provide quick and effective evaluation feedback to staff and external stakeholders
- Identify, analyse and report on evaluation insights that may improve TMC’s organisational impact (e.g. better forms of service delivery)
- Ethically implement and maintain a secure database of personal information from workshop survey participants
- Champion a culture of evaluation and impact reporting throughout TMC
- Lead the development, implementation and review of TMCs evaluation framework and theory of change
- Investigate and analyse new and existing research in fields relevant to TMCs work, to build the evidence-base of our programs, presentations and resources, while also educating TMC staff / facilitators in these new approaches
- Create and maintain an internal digital (and potentially physical) library of research and resources relevant to our work
- Attend events and maintain your own professional research so that you can consistently provide recommendations on how TMC’s programs or evaluation frameworks can be updated
- Lead the design and implementation of surveys to boys and other relevant TMC beneficiaries to generate original research that amplifies and represents the perspectives of young men
- In partnership with the Communications team, generate original research and thought leadership, in various forms, such as written reports, verbal presentations, slideshow presentations and webinars (as well as any other activities / resources that are deemed appropriate), for distribution to key TMC audiences
- Seek out new research, global events or other prompts to support the Communications Team to produce thought leadership articles or media to share with the public or members of our mailing lists
- Package and prepare insights from research and brief / provide these to various TMC staff for keynote presentations, reports or any other relevant public facing activities (eg. educate and upskill TMC staff to powerfully represent our research)
- Liaise with external partners (eg. academic institutions) relating to evaluation and research projects
- Support General Manager, Brand and Partnerships with relevant information for research and grant proposals and work alongside the General Manager to design and implement evaluation methodologies associated with grant applications
- Subscribe and make best efforts to enact TMC’s values and cultural behaviours, as well as receive and implement feedback where cultural course-correction is needed
- Work effectively with the broader TMC team and community, including being a positive representative of TMC internally and externally
- A valid Working With Children Check is a mandatory requirement of this position
- Knowledge and experience working with Qualtrics and integrated CRM platforms
- A University degree in a related field or previous work experience in a similar role
THE KIND OF PERSON WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You take initiative to solve problems independently and creatively
- You are efficient and effectively manage your time
- You have a positive, constructive, "can-do" attitude
- You possess a "growth mindset" and an openness to change
- You are comfortable working in a start-up, high-performing environment
- You are passionate and committed to supporting young people reach their potential
Key Selection Criteria
- Evaluation Leadership: Demonstrate expertise in overseeing the development, collection, analysis, and reporting of evaluation data across diverse TMC initiatives, fostering improved service delivery and organisational impact.
- Feedback Mechanisms: Illustrate the ability to establish efficient mechanisms for capturing and analysing feedback from impact activities, ensuring prompt and effective evaluation feedback to both internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Insightful Analysis: Showcase proficiency in identifying, analysing, and reporting on evaluation insights to enhance TMC's impact, exemplifying an aptitude for refining service delivery and program effectiveness.
- Research and Thought Leadership: Exhibit a track record of driving original research efforts, particularly surveys amplifying the perspectives of young men and beneficiaries, while also collaborating with the Communications team to create and disseminate thought-provoking content for key TMC audiences.
A valid Working With Children Check is a mandatory requirement of this position and will be required prior to commencement. The Man Cave is committed to being a child safe organisation. We have zero tolerance for child abuse.
The Man Cave is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment and promoting cultural safety for children and young people.
The Man Cave is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage candidates from multicultural, indigenous & Torres strait islander, LGBTI+ communities and those living with a disability to apply for this role.
How to apply
All applications MUST include a CV and cover letter which addresses your experiences and aligns to the Key Selection criteria.
If you have any questions about this role please Contact The Man Caves HR representative, James Lolicato at [email protected] using the subject line: Research and Evaluation Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Please note that due to a heavy workload questions will be answered after the 28th August.
A position description is attached.