- Counsellor positions (full-time and part-time)
- Flexible work options across a 24/7 roster, professional development, discount on Telstra Services, paying above the HPSS award rate + penalties. Embrace the freedom and flexibility!
- Work from the comfort of your home. IT equipment provided.
- Virtual paid training provided (Two Weeks: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm)
- Coaching and supervision to complement your own resilience and self-care skills
Working at 1800RESPECT is more than just a job, caring is one of our core values which means it shapes who we are as colleagues, the work we do and all our culture and actions. We've built a working environment that's like a cozy haven for wellness and positive vibes only. As a company focused on health, we know just how much of a priority emotional health and wellbeing are.
About the role:
We are offering fixed-term positions (ending in June 2027) for skilled Counsellors who will deliver telephone and online counselling services. In this role, you will apply your clinical assessment and therapeutic expertise to meet the distinct needs of those reaching out for support through the national 1800RESPECT service. As a counsellor with 1800RESPECT, you will apply a structured evidence-based approach to a lasting decrease in the occurrence and effects of domestic, family, and sexual violence.
Preferred candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment screening and verification.
- A minimum three-year relevant bachelor's qualification which meets the requirements of the Peak Body Registration.
- Be eligible to register (or) hold current registration with one of the Professional Bodies at the required level: PACFA - Clinical, ACA - Lvl3 or above, Full - AASW or General Registration with AHPRA as a Psychologist.
- Holder of a current working with children check/vulnerable people check relevant to your State, or proof of application prior to interview
- At least two years full time counselling experience (Case Management not acceptable).
- Demonstrated experience in evidence based counselling; (this may include face-to-face, phone and/or online counselling) or equivalent experience in specialised domestic, family and sexual violence counselling.
- A private room/space which can be used for your home office set up with reliable internet connection
- Strong computer skills (experience with using systems, MS Word, excel, outlook and internet)
Why join Telstra Health:
- We have a flexible work environment so you can work from the comfort of your own home.
- Embrace the freedom and flexibility to tailor your working hours to fit your personal needs and ambitions across our 24/7 roster.
- Avenues for growth and stepping into other roles.
- 30% discount on Telstra services including home broadband and post-paid mobiles.
- Free 24/7 professional and confidential support for you and your family through EAP
- Employee rewards program that includes discounts on shopping, gym memberships, movie tickets, health insurance and more
- Multiple leave options including 16 weeks gender-equal paid parental, family and domestic violence leave, cultural, volunteer, study leave, as well as the option to purchase additional leave.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTQIA+ across all of Australia.
If this sounds like the role for you, then click on the apply button now. Our selection process involves:
- Application review
- Detailed roster conversation with us
- A 30-minute virtual interview with our Clinical team
- Online assessments (Computer skills) and Pre-employment checks
If you would like more information about the position, please email us on [email protected]. Applications will be assessed and shortlisted as they are received so apply today!
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.