- Full-time Occupational Therapist role based in Lismore
- Sign-on Bonus of $5,000!
- $92k - $112k inc. of Super + Salary Packaging + Relocation Assistance Available
- Flexible Friendly organisation, Part-time and Work From Home options available
The Benevolent Society’s vision is to build a just society where all Australians can live their best life. For more than 200 years we have supported people at the margins of society: children, young people, and their families; First Nations Australians; older people; carers and people with disability. We are an independent, non-religious service provider which supports people to live life their way. We use our practice wisdom to mobilise social movements that advocate for anyone in need and create social change.
About the Role
We offer our services to a diverse range of clients from adults to children with physical or intellectual disabilities, working flexibly either in their homes, community settings or from our office space.
Our Occupational Therapists provide comprehensive functional assessments, establish goals for each client and assist each client achieve these through therapy services, planning home modifications and prescription of assistive technology. Easy commute from Gold Coast, Tenterfield, Coffs Harbour, and everywhere in between! Travel to clients in pool cars to service clients in and around the Far North Coast!
- Conduct assessments and collaborate with Practitioners and clients to contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and review of the client plan, as appropriate to their circumstances
- Conduct home visits and visits to the community as required
- Coordinate the delivery of occupational therapy services to assess, diagnose and treat children and adults with developmental challenges
- Assist each client in achieving these goals through therapy services, planning home modifications and prescription of assistive technology
- Sign-on bonus of up to $5,000
- Salary Benefits - You can package up to $15,900 pa of you pre-tax salary to pay for everyday expenses and benefit from a $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program before income tax is calculated, meaning you take home even more pay!
- Motor Vehicle Packaging Options – to suit your lifestyle.
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including part time hours, hybrid home/office work arrangements, 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees.
- Recognition and Reward – Sector competitive remuneration, various recognition programs and access to long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness -Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Professional development – monthly Communities of Practice- share experiences with your peers and find positive solutions + leadership training opportunities & regular clinical supervision
- Sponsorship and relocation assistance- Visit our Careers page to find out more
- Our Reconciliation Commitment – a First Nations employees are entitled up to 10 days of unpaid leave for ceremonial purposes, as well as the option to be a voice on our RAP working group, and have the opportunity for cultural and professional development that supports career pathways.
Skills and Experience
- Currently registered with AHPRA
- Passionate about supporting people with a disability to achieve their goals
- Honest and who carry out their role with integrity and demonstrate genuine respect for all people regardless of their disability, culture, age, gender, sexual orientation
- Experienced in applying evidence-based practice frameworks to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate clinical supports
- Effective time managers to ensure they can meet client goals and performance expectations
- Current driver's license (pool cars provided)
If you have any questions, please contact Faz on 0401 675 408 for a friendly confidential chat today!
The Benevolent Society respects and promotes human rights and diversity and is committed to building an inclusive culture. We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members. We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability, please get in contact to let us know how we can accommodate your needs. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role.
Click here for Position Profile.