- Reports to General Manager (Programs & Engagement)
- Location Sydney/Melbourne
- Start Date August 2023
- Type Part time (0.4 FTE equivalent)
OVERVIEW OF STAND UP:
As Jewish people we have a responsibility to improve our world. Stand Up exists to channel the collective energy, expertise and compassion of the Australian Jewish community to grasp and fulfil this responsibility.
Australian Jews realising a just Australia where everyone has the opportunity to thrive –unconstrained by attitudes and systems that entrench disadvantage.
Inspiring and mobilising the Australian Jewish community and working together with marginalised communities to tackle Australia’s most pressing social challenges through action and education.
Primary purpose of this role:
Come Together is Stand Up’s unique truth telling program run in partnership with First Nations lead organisations, Children’s Ground in Melbourne and new First Nations speakers in Sydney. Come Together is a program that is designed to bring First Nations voices into Jewish homes.
Responsibilities of Education Programs Coordinator:
Administration of Program
- Overall management and responsibility for the program which involves coordinating truth telling sessions to be run in people’s homes in partnership with organisations such as Children’s Ground.
- Oversight, with management, for the administration of programs, including ensuring that all volunteers and First Nations speakers comply with Stand Up’s various checks and safety precautions
- Program coordination, event management including maintaining events calendar on Stand Up’s website, managing bookings and enquiries from event hosts, pre and post communications with host and participants
- Ongoing reporting to management on progress of program
- Maintaining resources that have been developed in collaboration with partner
organisations, including ongoing content review
- Working with GM (Operations) and GM (Programs & Engagement) to prepare and maintain program budget, including reporting requirements.
- Facilitating Come Together sessions as required, particularly for the purpose of training new Jewish volunteers
- Maintaining education programs information on Stand Up’s website, including tagging and related NationBuilder administration
- Promotion and marketing of the Come Together program including developing flyers, EDM, social media and website information
- Assisting GM and CEO as required to promote and enhance the program including in relation to grant applications and reporting requirements
- Forming positive relationships with partner organisations and individuals and working closely together to deliver education programs, including to develop and review program materials, reviewing the strategy and method of program delivery, coordinating the scheduling of events
- Recruitment of First Nations speakers and exploring new education partnerships in Sydney and Melbourne
- Creating impact surveys for participants and volunteers, tracking feedback and reporting data to GM (Programs & Engagement) and CEO
- Building the solidarity network social media group in partnership with Stand Up’s First Nations Partnership Coordinator, including organising events, posting relevant material and moderating the group.
- Building and maintaining partnerships with other Jewish organisations throughout VIC and NSW in order to offer Come Together sessions
- Assisting with the recruitment and onboarding of speakers and ensuring support for First Nations speakers
- Recruitment and ongoing coordination of Jewish volunteers to facilitate Come Together sessions, including onboarding, training, scheduling and debriefing, assisting in the relationship building between community volunteers and First Nations speakers
- Assisting Stand Up’s Manager of Education Programs in providing Come Together sessions in Jewish Day Schools, including coordinating content and booking speakers for Come Together sessions as required
- Providing input and insights into Stand Up’s First Nations advocacy work
- Communication with all key stakeholders (including participants, volunteers, paid facilitators and partner organisations).
- Operate in a manner that is collaborative; sharing information and knowledge which contributes to team development.
- Active participation in Stand Up programs, events, social media and publications.
- Being a Stand Up role model: exemplify the values of empowerment, professionalism, enlightened hospitality and organisational excellence.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate others
- Ability to use own initiative
- Working knowledge of online communications tools such as ‘zoom’ or ‘hangouts’.
- Experience working as part of a team and in a semi-independent manner
- Ability to manage key relationships, troubleshoot issues and forge consensus
- Knowledge and experience of the Australian Jewish Community.
- An understanding of historical and current issues faced by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- A broad understanding of the wider impacts of Stand Up’s work including issues such as international politics, development philosophy, cross cultural understanding, and the social, cultural and economic aspects of the communities in which Stand Up works.
- Relevant degree or previous experience working with First Nations organisations/people/communities is preferable, including an understanding of First Nations history and justice in Australia.
- Previous experience in developing informal education programs
- Understanding of and commitment to Stand Up’s development philosophy, principles and objectives.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Patience and tolerance for other perspectives
- Problem solver
- An appreciation for the historical and contemporary Jewish thought on chessed, tzedakah and tikkun olam
- Salary packaging available
- Flexible working arrangements
A position description is attached.