- Become part of our family and make a difference to young Australians through supporting their education
- Permanent Full Time Position
- Elizabeth Grove, Playford SA
We are seeking an experienced Family Partnership Coordinator to join our family. Reporting to the Team Leader, and working alongside dedicated, energised, and passionate team members, this role will support students and their families on the Learning for Life scholarship program. The position will involve planning and implementing The Smith Family Scholarships and taking a strengths-based, family-led practice approach to support stronger educational outcomes for primary and secondary school students.
About our role
You will be responsible for:
- Taking a family-led practice approach to maximise the family and student engagement in their journey, supporting key transitions.
- Contacting scholarships families to inform them about programs being delivered and inviting them to participate.
- Liasing with identified schools and Principals to keep them up to date on progress of students referred to the Learning for Life program.
- Enhancing relationships with key people in schools to positively enhance our existing relationship, impact on attendance and school completion rates.
- Referring families to other services and linking them with appropriate supports.
As well as passion for community, you will bring the following:
- Have or willing to obtain an employee Working With Children's Check and current Driver's License.
- Proven experience in establishing and maintaining relevant partnerships and a demonstrated ability to work with diverse families using a family led practice approach.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills (including computer literacy, data entry, maintaining family file notes and time management).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven experience in supporting families through referrals to community agencies and local partners.
About our culture
The Smith Family has employees at the centre of its values and operations. We nurture a supportive and inclusive culture that enables people to achieve personal and professional goals, through collaboration and innovation. With a proven work-life balance, wellbeing and health are our top priorities. Enjoy many other benefits, such as tax concessions and flexible working arrangements.
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to make a difference and this sounds like your next role, please click apply, we’d love to hear from you.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
A position description is attached.