- Permanent, part time OR full-time opportunity
- Role can be based in WA, SA and VIC
As the Bequest Officer, you will play a pivotal role in the Silverchain Foundation. Your responsibilities include developing and implementing bequest and planned giving programs, as well as creating supporter pathways.
Reporting to the Fundraising Manager, you will collaborate with various teams, including the Silverchain Foundation, Strategic Communications, Finance, Legal, and Research & Innovation.
Your focus will be on donor stewardship, cultivating a gift-in-will program, providing genuine supporter care, and fostering two-way relationships between bequestors and the Foundation.
Some of the major accountabilities are:
- Developing, coordinating and growing bequest and planned giving programs, including but not limited to supporter journeys, and donor relations and engagement.
- Producing and improving donor relations with new and existing supporters of Silverchain Foundation through personalised engagement, ongoing stewardship, and retention activities.
- Liaising and developing relationships with internal and external stakeholders to identify and build bequest and planned giving opportunities.
- Creating complete donor journey communications across multiple channels to qualify and support individuals in their giving journey, including but not limited to phone calls, face to face and written communications.
- Applying best practice maintenance of supporter records, including profiles, documentation, conversation and meeting notes in our customised CRM.
- Managing estate administration for the organisation including but not limited to communicating with executors, lawyers, probate and other beneficiaries, with the support of Silverchain Group’s Legal team.
- Applying analytical and research skills to prepare reports and recommendations on program goals, pipeline management, and individual cases.
- Developing and coordinating bequest events and/or bequest engagement activities to best support donor interest and stewardship
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated knowledge in a similar role and will be able to demonstrate the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in Fundraising, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Business Development or relevant qualification are desirable.
- Minimum three years in a similar bequests, gift-in-will or planned giving role.
- Strong affective commitment to Silverchain Foundation’s aims and purpose: shaping the future of care together, combining Silverchain’s frontline community care expertise with the latest research and innovation to create a better home care system for all Australians.
- Sound knowledge of fundraising and bequest best practice, principles, legislation and ethical standards, including appreciation of the sensitive and confidential nature of such programs.
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills, with high emotional intelligence, demonstrable empathy, and well developed conversational skills including reflective discussion and support.
- Willingness and ability to communicate and solicit bequest gifts from individuals of all ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to cultivate strong supporter relationships, ensuring continued support and high retention rates through excellent stewardship skills.
- Experience in the use and management of CRM systems, particularly fundraising specific modules or systems.
- Experience organising supporter events and meetings desired.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Australia to meet major givers and conduct stewardship activities across Silverchain’s states of operation.
- Demonstrated experience building relationships with a range of people from all walks of life.
- Competitive hourly rate+ super+ the ability to packaging of up to $18,550
- Extensive orientation and on-the-job training
- Comprehensive health and wellbeing resources and support (including 4 annual mental health service sessions for you and your family)
- Exclusive fitness and health insurance discounts (12% discount with HBF)
- Paid parental leave of 12 weeks
- Subsidised gym membership with participating gym partners
How to Apply
To submit your application, and to view a copy of the Position Description, click ‘Apply now’.
Based on Silverchain Group Policy and State Government Directions, you will be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccinations, including booster requirements, or evidence of a medical exemption, to be considered for employment with Silverchain.
At Silverchain Group, we recognise the positive contribution that a diverse workforce makes to our organisation where individuals can be authentic, are respected and celebrated. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people of all ages, gender, abilities, culturally diverse and linguistic backgrounds.
About Silverchain Group
For nearly 130 years, Silverchain has been a leading provider of high-quality health and aged care in the homes and across Australia.
Join our team of more than 4,500 staff, caring for more than 115,000 clients across Australia. We’ll provide you with opportunities to help you develop and grow in your career, with training and education programs to help you achieve your goals.
We reserve the right to commence the recruitment process and extend or withdraw this advertisement prior to the closing date.
Please note that unsolicited applications from agencies will not be accepted.
A position description is attached.