- Location: On site · Richmond, Naarm (Victoria), Australia
- Employment Type: Part time, 0.6 FTE (3 days/week)
- Salary: $60,000 (AUD) plus superannuation
- Team: Community
About the role:
Sanders Place is looking for a Community Co-ordinator to support our Community Manager in managing our shared office space, event space and community of impact-driven organisations. We are seeking someone who will connect with our values, enjoy getting to know our residents and foster a fun, welcoming and inclusive environment.
This role involves supporting members, managing the office space, coordinating community events, and maintaining effective communication with the community. The ideal candidate is someone warm and hospitable who excels at multitasking, has strong communication skills, and is passionate about creating a vibrant and collaborative community.
About Sanders Place:
Sanders Place is building a community of like-minded professionals who are dedicated to making a positive impact. We think they deserve the absolute best.
More than a co-working space, we are curating an environment and community that will amplify the impact of our members. Sanders Place is aiming to become the hub for purpose driven individuals and organisations and is looking for an organised and efficient coordinator to get it there.
Sanders Place is a project of Tripple, a private investment company using capital as a force for good. We acknowledge the Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung people as the Traditional Owners of the unceded land on which Sanders Place is built. We pay our deepest respects to elders past, present, and emerging.
Some examples of the work you will do
Host with Most
- Host our shared work space as a mix of concierge, vibe checker, resident DJ, floral arranger, IT support, admin assistant, pantry curator and event host
- In collaboration with the Community Manager, bring warmth, fun, welcome and other aspects of our values to the experience of the space, the community and guests
- Provide a casual and fluid reception service to the space (not seated behind a desk), with a particular focus on welcoming those new to the space
- Live and breathe our values of being thoughtful, ambitious, collaborative, inclusive and playful
- Support our members as the office manager of their dreams. You’ll ensure they enjoy the space with your warm, welcoming and helpful demeanour
- Keeping things neat and tidy and doing some occasional gardening
- Bring your creativity to the space and do whatever you feel is needed to bring good vibes eg. make a communal jug of iced tea on a hot day or suggest a new use of space or furniture to serve the needs of our members
- Manage stock levels throughout the space eg. pantry, tea/coffee, stationery, tech, emergency kit, laundry and toilet paper
- Support the management of key contractors and suppliers to the office space eg. cleaners, gardeners, IT support, security
Community Management & Event Coordination
- Support the Community Manager to execute a program of internal and external events and gatherings throughout the year
- Support the administration and management of the space by signing in visitors, providing membership and desk leasing agreements, monitoring our Slack community, onboarding and setting up new community members and organising all documents neatly in our Google Drive.
- Supercharge our closeness with the community. Be the eyes and ears on the ground and let us know what our members need (and what they’re up to!)
- Coordinate the comms. Keep the members and social media accounts up to date by providing helpful insights or updates
- Respond to community and online queries and questions regarding day-to-day work, guest/visitor management, general use of the space
- Update our website on occasion and as necessary to keep it up to date
Key Skills & Experience
- Efficiency and multi-tasking. Ability to plan your time effectively and context-switch. You’re not phased going from an in-person conversation, to your inbox, from improving a procedure to some gardening. You take this all in your stride and enjoy the variety.
- Communicate appropriately. Whether 1:1 or one to many via an email marketing tool or Slack, you’ll intuitively know what the best channel is for communicating with an individual or wider group and manage this seamlessly
- Thinking big and small. You love to be across the details and know that it’s the little things that make an interaction or working from Sanders Place great. At the same time, you’re across our broader goals and vision and the type of people and companies we want to be part of our community
- Ownership mentality and adaptability. No job is too small. You're happy to roll up your sleeves, adapt quickly and do the task at hand. You are here to help and get involved in whatever the job throws at you.
- Approachable, warm and confident. You are a people person and can create a welcoming, fun and convivial atmosphere for any community member
- Hospitality mindset and ideally experience in hospitality or events. You have a generosity of spirit and a close eye on ‘vibe’. You’re the kind of person who might offer to make a coffee for someone who is visiting for the first time, or skip a track on the playlist that doesn’t match the feeling you’re going for on that day
Working at Sanders Place
The salary level for the role is $60,000 per annum plus superannuation (0.6 FTE on a pro-rata basis).
The three days per week you work will be the same set days each week, to be discussed before commencement in the role. This role is based in Melbourne, with the majority of work time in our office and community space in Richmond. This role will report to the Community Manager.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. We are using Applied to ensure every applicant gets an equal chance of success.
We are a small and nimble team and are in the process of defining our practices so looking for someone who will help set norms among our team and for our community.