The South Australian Council on Intellectual Disability (SACID) works towards achieving a community in which people with intellectual disability are involved and accepted as equal participating members. We do this through consultation with stakeholders, advocating for an inclusive community, promoting the rights of people with intellectual disability and collaborating with like-minded organisations.
ABOUT THE POSITION
SACID have a part time (2 days per week) Project Officer position available. The contract for this position ends December 2022.
You will be based at our office in Hilton, SA but will deliver workshops at a range of locations in SA. This sometimes includes regional SA. At times interstate travel may also be required.
Our Project Officers are responsible for undertaking projects that will:
- Build the capacity of people with intellectual disability to participate and contribute to their communities
- Build the capacity of family members of people with intellectual disability
- Build the organisational capacity of SACID
- Promote a community inclusive of people with intellectual disability
THE CURRENT PROJECTS FOCUS ON:
- Developing and facilitating capacity building workshops for adults with intellectual disability and their families
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION YOU WILL NEED:
- To hold the belief that all people are valued members of our community and you will assist people with intellectual disability to participate fully as members of our community
- Qualifications in Disability, Social Work, Community Development or similar area
- Experience working with people with intellectual disability, their families and supporters, and representative bodies
- Knowledge of the disability sector and the current issues impacting people with intellectual disability, their families and supporters, the disability sector, and wider community. This will include a reasonable understanding of the NDIS and how it affects people with intellectual disability and their families
- Knowledge of legislation impacting people with intellectual disability
- High level interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to deal with sensitive and complex inquiries
- Skills or experience in training and group facilitation
- Capacity to lead and implement projects
- Ability to develop Easy Read documents
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Must hold relevant Working with Children Check or be willing to obtain prior to commencing employment.
Must hold a drivers license.
For further information about the role please see the attached Position Description and summary of the project we are currently recruiting for.
If you have any questions about the role please contact [email protected], using the subject line: Project Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs, or phone 08 8352 4416 and ask to speak to Felicity Crowther or Jill Arthur.
A position description is attached.