We are currently seeking an Emergency Services Officer for a FIFO based opportunity working a 16:9 roster at a small exploration site. We are looking for a team player who is ready to join a small but growing team with one of Australia’s leading miners. You will also have the benefit of working for a highly reputable health care organisation with support from RFDS Medics.
About the role
- Provide high quality preparation, management and response to emergency situations.
- Lead the field response to emergency situation
- Inspection, testing and organisation of required servicing for emergency equipment.
- Daily pre-start checks on emergency vehicles.
- Organise and participate in emergency exercises and drills.
- Recruit volunteers to the emergency response team.
- Plan and deliver weekly training to upskill and maintain the emergency response capability of the volunteer emergency response team.
- Maintain, update and continuously improve emergency response processes and procedures.
- Identify and notify the principal of gaps in emergency response capability. Develop and execute action plans to close identified gaps.
- Organise external nationally accredited emergency response training with a supplier of the principals choice.
- Maintain documentation and records of volunteer members, training, skills maintenance, equipment checks and maintenance.
- Respectfully managing emergency response preparedness requirements with other business processes, through open and constructive dialogue with the principals leadership.
- Support the paramedic with their duties within the ESO’s skills and capability, including, drug and alcohol screening, medication checks, patient care.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an ESO or equivalent.
- Previous experience in developing Emergency Response plans & strategies
- Certificate IV Healthcare (Ambulance) or equivalent
- Certificate III Emergency Rescue and Response or equivalent
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to operate in high pressure situations whilst maintaining a calm and professional demeanour
- Valid Driver’s Licence (Manual and unrestricted)
- 4WD - Operate & Maintain certification or willing to undertake
- Reside in Western Australia
- AOD Testing certification
- Cert IV Training & Assessment TAE or higher
- AHPRA registration under Paramedicine Board
- Respond to Aviation Incidents
- FIFO 16 days on/ 9 days off (16 days includes 2 days travel)
- Highly competitive base pay + site allowances + salary packaging
- Salary packaging - up to $15,900 per annum for everyday expenses and up to $2,650 per annum on meals and entertainment expenses
- Ongoing training
- Novated Lease options
- Workplace culture of team work and collaboration
The mission of the Royal Flying Doctor Service (Western Operations) is to provide excellence in aeromedical and primary health care across Western Australia. Every member of the RFDS WO team contributes to that mission and living our values of showing respect, demonstrating fairness, utilising diversity and being safe. Every year, the RFDS WO provides urgent retrieval for about 10,000 patients in regional WA. A further 10,000 appointments are provided in primary healthcare clinics in remote communities, including GP, nurse, dental and mental health care. RFDS crews are committed to providing the finest care to the furthest corners of the State, using the highest standards of clinical care, aviation safety and technology to make a difference to people living and working across WA – the largest and most remote health jurisdiction in the world.
The RFDS in WA operates five bases in Perth, Broome, Port Hedland, Kalgoorlie and Meekatharra. Its 24/7 operations centre at Jandakot Airport coordinates complex logistics for patient retrievals and clinics across the State. We work in partnership with government, business and the community, and are proud to work on Country with Aboriginal medical services and many local service providers.
Submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
RFDSWO is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply. Please note applicants require the right to work in Australia.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.