Welcome to Relationships Australia Northern Territory:
Relationships Australia Northern Territory (RA-NT) is a community-based, not-for-profit, non-government organisation providing a broad range of services for all members of the community regardless of religion, belief, age, gender, sexual orientation, lifestyle choice, cultural background, or economic circumstances.
We empower individuals, families, and communities to grow through a rich culture of belonging, connection, and respectful relationships.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, enthusiastic, and self-motivated Marketing and Communications Officer. You will be responsible for implementing marketing initiatives and working closely with the Executive Team to communicate the new strategic plan and values within the organisation. You will play a pivotal role in content creation, implementing new branding, developing stakeholder strategies and community engagement initiatives. The ideal applicant will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills to engage with staff at all levels within organisation and external stakeholders.
What we offer:
We provide a positive work culture and a diverse and inclusive environment. Our people matter to us, and we are committed to supporting them and their wellbeing:
- Competitive Salary + 11% Super + Salary Sacrifice (up to $15,899 for tax free benefits and $2,650 p/a for entertainment benefits).
- Relocation support - financial and social (our team want you to feel like you belong and will help you settle in) conditions apply.
- Professional Development allowance of $2000 and 8 days study leave, pro rata.
- 5 weeks annual leave with leave loading.
- + 3 days extra leave between Christmas and New Year.
- EAP for employees and family members.
- Wellness Day off, per financial year.
- Build the profile of Relationships Australia NT by developing, overseeing and strengthening the communication of the strategic plan and marketing initiatives across the organisation.
- Develop and implement community and stakeholder engagement strategies.
- Manage and update the organisation’s branding, social media accounts, website content and community education strategies.
- Collaborate with managers to develop understanding of programs and assist with various communication activities.
- Create high-level written communication for both internal and external stakeholders, such as publications, resources, organisation announcements, presentations and proposals.
- Liaise effectively with all levels of staff, building and fostering collaborative working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written communication skills to produce a wide range of communication materials and the capability to simplify complex concepts for a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability in communication and marketing practices, including a variety of communication channels, including social media, websites, e-newsletters, and print materials.
- Experienced in stakeholder and community engagement events.
- Proven organisational skills including the ability to manage complex projects, use sound judgement in decision making, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- The ability to coordinate events effectively in a team-based, multi-program environment.
- Provide leadership and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel within the Northern Territory if required.
- Qualifications and/or at least three to five years’ experience in Communications, Marketing, or a related field.
- Experience in using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and Canva.
- A satisfactory Northern Territory working with children check.
- A satisfactory national criminal history check.
- A commitment to our Safeguarding Children Practice and Behaviour Guidelines.
- Personal commitment to the goals and values of Relationships Australia NT.
How to apply:
To apply please submit a Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria and an up-to-date Resume including two Referees.
To discuss the position further, please contact Michaela Ishwar on 8950 4100. Applications will be processed as received and only successful candidates will be contacted.
Relationships Australia NT encourages applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, CALD, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We are happy to adjust our recruitment process to support your accessibility needs.