A RACS Solicitor will provide legal assistance to people seeking asylum and refugees in an immigration setting. You must hold or be eligible to hold a NSW legal practicing certificate with less than 3 years legal experience/PQE or less than 2 years’ experience in the field of Refugee Practice or other relevant experience .
The remuneration package for the position is at the SCHADS Award rate Level 4.1 - 6.1, depending on experience level, plus superannuation contribution and loadings. Salary packaging is available.
- Demonstrated experience as a legal practitioner with knowledge of Australian immigration law and practice, particularly refugee law.
- Previously had or currently engaged in the direct supervision of volunteers, practical legal trainees or Paralegals.
- Experience working with clients from torture & trauma backgrounds and or/ culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- High-level communication and interpersonal skills, including an ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders in a confident and a respectful manner.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage time and priorities effectively and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a diverse team.
- A commitment to refugee and human rights issues.
A position description is attached.