Project Support Officer
Full time (38 hours per week), fixed term contract to 31st December 2024.
Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 – Social and Community Services Employee, Level 4.1
$82,045.60 per year (pro rata where applicable), plus 11% Superannuation, 17.5% leave loading and the option to salary sacrifice up to $15,900 to increase your take home pay
Hybrid working, from home and our Spring Hill based office, negotiated on commencement, with some travel required to meet project deliverables.
QDN is in its 20th year of making a difference to the lives of people with disability. We are a human right based, membership representative body of over 2500 people with a disability and their supporters. Our vision is that people with disability are active and valued citizens of Queensland. Our mission is to empower people with disability to be fully included as citizens in the social and economic life of the community. Our motto is ‘Nothing about us, Without us’.
QDN’s work is centred around a strong state-wide network of people with disability across Queensland, to inform, connect, lead, and influence change to deliver an inclusive Queensland community.
About the role?
The appointee is accountable to work closely with the Project Lead in delivery of all aspects of projects and engagement with customers, consultants, and other external project stakeholders where applicable.
The appointee will work within the requirements of relevant legislation including the Queensland Human Rights Act, and QDN’s Quality System, demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement and contribute to internal and external auditing processes as required under ISO9001.
What will you bring to the role?
- High level of knowledge and awareness things that are important in the lives of people with disability.
- Demonstrated experience delivering projects. If that is within the disability sector or human services fields that would be highly desired.
- Effective engagements skills across a broad range of consumer, community, and government stakeholders; with engagement experience in the disability, health or human services areas that enable you to build relationships and communicate with influence
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, exercising appropriate initiative and judgement to solve problems and seek guidance where appropriate
- Experience working with Microsoft 365 and other software applications
- Experience working with online meetings to deliver inclusion and accessibility of diverse groups (Teams and Zoom)
- The ability to comply with relevant State and Commonwealth legislation and frameworks including Work Health and Safety requirements, QDN’s processes, NDIS Quality and Safeguards and Queensland Human Rights Act.
- A demonstrate commitment to innovation and finding opportunity and implementing improvement and change
- Demonstrated high level communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to:
- build and maintain effective working relationships, which may include the supervision of staff or volunteers
- provide expert advice to a range of stakeholders, including QDN members, supporters and allies, Government and Community stakeholders
- effectively communicate information and ideas and work cooperatively with others
- work as part of a team in a complex and changing environment, and ability to manage competing demands within limited timeframes
- We deeply value lived experience. People with disability, or family connections of people with disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
What will you do in the role?
The Project Support Officer will be responsible for:
- Assist and support Project Leads with the delivery of engagement activities to ensure projects are delivered to align with agreed objectives and requirements
- Assist and support the delivery of pieces of work through QDeNgage and other projects including delivery of activities, carrying out duties to coordinating payments with consultants, tracking data and information and administration of the contract for pieces of work in conjunction with Project Lead and QDN accounts team
- Support effective communication and liaison with broad range of stakeholders in the work of QDeNgage and other projects including internal staff, management, customers, consultants, and other external project stakeholders
- Assist with the preparation of project reporting mechanisms and ensure they are communicated with internal and external stakeholders as required
- Contribute to commitment to continuous improvement culture through identifying and executing appropriate change
- Contribute to growth and reputation of QDN including QDeNgage brand, identifying opportunities for business development and marketing
- Administrative duties as required, such as recording and production of agenda/minutes, managing a mailbox, booking interpreters and other project support functions as required
- Fulfil this role in accordance with QDN’s policies and procedures
- Assist with facilitation of groups both in person and online including workshops, events, focus groups, co-design processes, training. Carry out other duties as deemed reasonable and appropriate to the role as directed by the Project Lead
What can you expect from working at QDN?
QDN has a rich history as a unique and diverse disability membership organisation. Every day you’ll have the opportunity to learn from and work alongside our amazing members, learning from their lived experience and working towards improving inclusion in their lives.
We are a small, supportive, and friendly team with strong human rights values, never afraid to advocate for change and stand up for things that are not right for people with disability. We offer flexible working; we know that whilst our work is important it is only part of your story. Finally, we want you to grow and develop whilst working here, if you grow, our organisation grows with you.
Under the supervision and direction of the Project Lead, this position works as part of a team where interdependencies and collaboration with colleagues, QDN members and internal and external stakeholders are critical to the successful delivery of projects, services, and activities.
Key Job Requirements
Relevant tertiary qualifications (or demonstrated equivalent experience) or relevant experience in the areas of disability, human services and/or project management experience would be highly desirable.
Some screening and/or licences are required to fulfil the role as per the list below:
Positive Exemption Notice (Yellow Card) Essential
Police Check Essential
Evidence of up to date* vaccination against COVID-19 Essential
Drivers Licence Essential
*As per latest definitions by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunization (ATAGI), or who have a medical exemption based on ATAGI guidelines