- Fixed Term until 30th of June 2024 (14 hours per week)
Good Shepherd Australia and New Zealand have designed NILS to assist individuals and families on low incomes to purchase essential goods and other necessary services. Fairfield NILS is auspice by The Parks Community Network. The NILS worker will be responsible for assisting the NILS coordinators in the day-to-day running of the NILS scheme, which includes answering enquiries, application processing, networking, and data entry.
Knowledge, skills, and experience that the NILS® worker should have to successfully undertake the role include:
- Demonstrated understanding of social justice principles;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or experience in community development or community education/training;
- Demonstrated experience working within a community development framework;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the microfinance sector, its issues and programs, and the needs of persons on low or limited income for credit;
- Computer literacy;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent organisational skills and a demonstrated capacity to work flexibly and within tight timelines.
For further information please call (02) 9609 7400.
A full position description is attached below.