Northern Territory PHN leads the development and coordination of an equitable, comprehensive primary health care system and an engaged health workforce driven by community needs.
- Salary: $77,112 + Super
- Benefits: Generous salary packaging, six weeks annual leave and flexible working arrangements
- Location: Darwin
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
NT PHN works towards a vision of people in the Northern Territory enjoying their best health and wellbeing. All the work that we undertake is focused on building local partnerships and directing resources towards an integrated, high quality primary health care system.
Reporting to the Team Lead, the Workforce Support Officer is responsible for providing administrative support to the workforce access team and associated workforce programs. The mix of activities in the role may change from time to time in response to workforce program needs and branch support requirements.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Workforce Support Officer is responsible and accountable for supporting the workforce access team programs.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Provide administrative and coordination support to workforce programs, including travel bookings, contract administration, invoice processing and onboarding new health professionals.
- Engaging positively with internal and external stakeholders, maintaining relationships and ensuring cultural sensitivity.
- Manage designated team email accounts, ensuring timely response to enquiries and a high level of stakeholder service, referring complex issues to appropriate team members.
- Maintain accurate records in internal electronic filing and reporting systems.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and continuous improvement of best practice processes, procedures and systems relating to workforce programs.
- Strong administrative and coordination skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks across different programs.
- Experience in remote travel bookings, contract administration, and basic financial processing.
- Confident and positive engagement skills with the ability to maintain relationships and ensure cultural sensitivity when working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Customer service oriented ensuring timely response to enquiries and ability to escalate complex issues to appropriate team members.
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail when utilising IT systems.
- Experience with the Microsoft environment including SharePoint, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new systems and procedures.
What's in it for You:
- Working for NT PHN means being a part of an organisation with a bigger picture purpose to improve health care outcomes for Territorians
- Enjoy up to $15,899 of salary sacrifice and a generous base salary
- Enjoy a vast, fast paced and challenging work environment where you will work as a part of a dynamic, supportive and collaborative team
- Enjoy flexible working arrangements, work life balance and a positive, professional work culture
- Receive 6 weeks leave per annum
- Enjoy the opportunity to develop your skills, knowledge and career
- Have the freedom to apply innovative and creative thinking
- Enjoy bring your dog to work Fridays and active social club
Commitment to Reconciliation
NT PHN is committed to undertaking all work within a culturally inclusive, sensitive and safe framework that supports Reconciliation. The NT PHN Stretch Reconciliation Action Plan shows our commitment and dedication to embedding reconciliation initiatives into business and our everyday work.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are strongly encouraged for all NT PHN positions.
Please send through an updated CV, along with a cover letter addressing your skills and experience against the essential skills listed above. To apply for this role, you must have a legal right to work in Australia.
If you have any questions or for more information about the role, please contact Michelle Pollard Health Workforce Access Team Lead on 08 8982 1071.
Visit our website.