- Seeking a Professional Officer
- Temporary (2 year contract with possibility of extension) full-time
- $123,036.00 – $165,723.00 per annum
- (commensurate with experience)
- + Superannuation + 12 RDOs + 5 weeks annual leave
The New South Wales Nurses and Midwives’ Association (NSWNMA) in association with the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation New South Wales Branch (ANMF NSW Branch) seeks a self-motivated Professional Officer to join our Professional Services Team on a temporary (2 year contract with possibility of extension) full-time basis.
The successful applicant will provide professional advice to the NSWNMA officers and its members, and provide representation on professional issues on national, state and local forums.
In this role you will:
- Recruit members to the NSWNMA
- Respond to and meet the information needs of our members
- Identify potential professional issues of interest or concern to the members and the NSWNMA and respond accordingly
- Develop and review all NSWNMA policies, position statements and guidelines in a timely fashion
- Provide education to members that addresses current nursing and midwifery practices
- Networking and building relationships with external stakeholders
- Provide information and professional advice to both internal and external stakeholders
- Actively represent the NSWNMA in a wide range of forums
- Actively participate as a member of the Professional Services team
- Provide a quality professional service to our members
- Improve own professional skills and knowledge relevant to the position
- Consult with members when appropriate
To be considered for this role you require:
- Current general registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a registered nurse and/or midwife
- Demonstrated analytical and research skills and experience in the preparation of submissions and report writing
- Demonstrated experience in project management, policy development and broad research skills
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage several issues simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in and tertiary qualifications in a relevant field
- Experience in teaching/education of nurses and midwives would be an advantage
- A clear understanding of trade union principles
- At least two years financial membership of the NSWNMA or related union
- Knowledge of contemporary nursing/midwifery and health industry standards
- Public speaking experience and presentation skills
- Well developed information technology skills with proven competence in the application of the Microsoft Office suite
- Commitment to the trade union movement
- Compliance with COVID-19 vaccination requirements
Your application must briefly address each point of selection criteria found in the Professional Officer position description.
Keeping our employees, members and the community safe is our highest priority. It is a condition of employment with the NSW Nurses and Midwives’ Association, that all employees have up-to-date vaccinations against COVID-19 and are required to comply with future government changes to the definition of up-to-date vaccination requirements.
NSWNMA/ANMF NSW Branch is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fosters a diverse workplace.