- Exciting new role
- Location: Darwin
- Status: Full-time – fixed term contract until 30 June 2026
About the Role
Are you passionate about land management and conservation and keen to work with traditional owners in shaping the future of land conservation in the NT, then we want to hear from you.
The NLC is currently recruiting for a Project Coordinator to lead the Gamba Eradication and Biodiversity Project within the NLC region.,. The Project Manager will be responsible for the development, implementation, and management of the Gamba Grass Eradication and Biodiversity Conservation Project and will work closely with a range of stakeholders to selectively eradicate gamba grass from the NT gamba eradication zone.
About the NLC
Cultural knowledge and lived experience are central to the work that we do here at NLC. The Northern Land Council (NLC) was established 50 years ago under the Aboriginal Land Rights (NT) Act in 1976, to assist Aboriginal people in the Top End of the NT to acquire and manage their traditional lands, waters and seas. We are committed to enhancing Aboriginal peoples social, political and economic participation by supporting their aspirations and amplifying their voices on a range of issues impacting on their lands, seas, culture and communities.
What You Will Bring:
- A sound understanding of, and interest in, the lived experiences of Aboriginal people in the NLC region.
- Cross cultural competency and strong stakeholder engagement skills.
- High level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to negotiate, consult and/or mediate issues as they arise.
- High level conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills.
In addition to this, you will have: -
- Tertiary qualifications in Natural Resource Management, Conservation and Ecosystem Management or significant experience in a role related to invasive species management or related areas of expertise.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience administering and managing a remote extension program or large projects including budgetary and contract management.
- Sound understanding of existing legislation and policies relevant to the GEBC project is a plus.
- Current C Class Drivers Licence and the ability to travel remotely via 4wd and light aircraft.
For a full copy of the Position Description refer to the link provided below.
What’s in it for you?
- NLC offers competitive and attractive remuneration, work life balance and a unique opportunity to support our Aboriginal communities in the NLC Region.
- This position is classified under our Enterprise Agreement at Senior Officer level (Grade B), with a commencing base salary of $106,708 per annum.
In addition to base salary, you will receive:
- 14% superannuation;
- District allowance starting at $2,539 per annum
- Upon completion of 12 months of service an Annual airfare with a net (in hand) value of $2,724;
- Generous leave entitlements such as 5 weeks annual leave, leaving loading, 18 days personal leave, and paid Christmas close down;
- Salary packaging benefits of up to $15,900 and additional Meal Entertainment and Holiday Accommodation benefits up to $2,650 per year.
If you have any further queries please contact: Paul Donohoe on mobile: 0456 811 868.
Position Description - Program Coordinator