“We support individuals living with mental health challenges to achieve outcomes they value.”
About the Role
- Full time or Part Time, Permanent
- Classification: SCHADS Level 5 with a salary range of $93,954 - $98,207 per annum pro rata + Superannuation
- Salary Packaging arrangements providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses increasing your take home income where part of your wage is paid tax free each pay, savings thousands in tax each year
About Neami National
We’re big believers in everyone having the opportunity to live a full life – and we give our all to support people to achieve the wellbeing and mental health outcomes that matter to them.
For some people this means having a stronger sense of self. For others, it might mean nurturing relationships, and for others, it could be building the confidence to tackle tomorrow. Everyone has different goals for their own life, and at Neami, we walk alongside people to help improve their quality of life, on their terms.
We are proud to support 32,000 people living with mental health challenges across Australia and offer more than 70 services, over 49 different Indigenous lands, across the nation. These include mental health and wellbeing supports, housing and suicide prevention services.
About your new role
The Senior Practice Leader works in close partnership with the Service Manager to provide leadership, practice development and coaching sessions to service delivery staff. This position provides instruction and guidance on practice issues to several Community Rehabilitation and Support Workers and Peer Support Workers, applying coaching and mentoring principles. In addition, you will work with the Service Manager to establish and maintain strong working partnerships with clinical mental health teams and other community partner organisations to deliver the best possible comprehensive service to consumers.
What you will bring to the role?
- Lived experience of mental illness and recovery, along with a rich understanding of your own processes of recovery and an ability to articulate learning outcomes from recovery processes.
- A deep understanding and ability to share intentional and purposeful recovery stories and a willingness to purposefully use your own story to help others further their own peer role
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and empower team members through coaching and mentioning to identify development goals and strategies for achieving them
- An understanding of workforce needs and opportunities for co-reflection as Lived Experience (Peer) Workers
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of mental health assessment and supporting consumers with presenting mental health concerns
- Tertiary level qualifications in a relevant discipline (ie Peer work, Social work, Counselling or Human Services) or a lived experience of mental illness and a demonstrated journey of recovery
- Ability to leverage performance data and other insights to inform continuous improvement and action
- Experience working with client information systems, maintaining accurate documentation and data collection
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and empower team members through coaching and mentioning to identify development goals and strategies for achieving them.
What the role requires:
- National Criminal History Check (Police check) – disclosable outcomes considered
- Current Working with Children Check required before commencement of work
- Current Drivers licence
- Australian Working Rights
What will Neami offer in return?
- Generous leave entitlements including paid parental leave, an Accrued Day Off each month, Gratis Leave and Wellness leave
- Professional development through regular Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor
- Ongoing extensive in-house Learning and Development Programs to encourage learning and skill-building
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Benestar - access a holistic health and wellness offering of supports and resources to Neami staff and their immediate family
- Work flexibility arrangements available for maintaining your work-life balance
How to apply:
The terms and conditions of the role are listed in the position description, attached.
If you have any further questions not addressed in the advertising words or position description, please contact:
- Carly Wintin, Service Manager: [email protected], using the subject line: Senior Practice Leader - Lived Experience - Wollongong enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Be Yourself - Neami values and celebrates diversity including multidisciplinary teams and the unique backgrounds, experiences, and contributions that each person brings to our community. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that is accessible, inclusive and reflects the community in which we live.