- Full Time Maximum Term Contract until 30 June 2021
- Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Toowoomba based with weekly meetings in Ipswich
About the Role
As the Mental Health Service Navigator you will primarily provide information and coordination of support at the individual consumer level to ensure that individuals get the right primary mental health care at the right time. This is primarily a phone-based service and includes identifying needs and having a comprehensive understanding of the range of services available in the community. Where appropriate, you may be required to provide targeted support to high risk consumers. Building and maintaining relationships with key sector stakeholders is a significant aspect of this role.
- Build relationships with key mental health stakeholders across the sector
- Utilise a community development perspective to inform service mapping and building partnerships
- Conduct initial contact and initial needs identification (including referral to crisis intervention services, where necessary), including a culturally appropriate service response.
- Manage and review waiting list as and when required, including waiting list management intervention which includes: call back, cross sector referrals, gathering additional information, application of telephone coaching including self-management advice and support
- Engage consumers, using the strengths-based approach of the Collaborative Recovery Model (CRM) protocols and the values and principles of this model
- Maintain accurate individual consumer files and data bases in accordance with the policies and procedures of Neami and the service agreement with the funding body
- Promote the principles and practice of service coordination to ensure that consumers are at the centre of service delivery and receive a timely, coordinated response to their health and social needs
What will you bring to the role?
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field such as human services, social welfare, social work psychology, or behavioural science and/or relevant experience in the mental health industry is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated skills in establishing and maintain relationships with community, organisations, general practice, and consumers.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to coordinate service and support for the care and support of consumers and their family, including capacity building and partnerships.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and or previous experience in the mental health sector in a cross-border environment.
- Wide ranging knowledge of the community sector, including chronic diseases and mental illness and the challenges faced by people with severe and complex conditions.
- Ability to work autonomously, exercise professional judgement in decision making, and be flexible within the role.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Highly developed written and verbal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite.
- Current Working with Children Check – required before commencement of work - Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or Blue & Yellow Cards (employee responsibility)
- Australian Working Rights
- QLD Drivers licence
- Police check (refer to PD) – disclosable outcomes considered
About Neami National
Neami National is a community mental health service supporting people living with mental illness to improve their health, live independently and pursue a life based on their own strengths, values and goals.
We acknowledge Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities as the Traditional Custodians of the land we work on and pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging. We recognise that their sovereignty was never ceded.
Neami National is committed to cultivating inclusive environments for staff, consumers and carers. We celebrate, value and include people of all backgrounds, genders, sexualities, cultures, bodies and abilities. We are an environmentally conscious organisation.
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
- Induction and extensive Learning and Development Program
- Regular Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
- Excellent conditions including paid parental leave, a monthly accrued day off, generous long service leave, wellness and gratis leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet friendly environment
A position description is attached.