We support individuals living with mental health challenges to achieve outcomes they value.
- Full-Time, Maximum Term Contract until 2 May 2025 (Parental Leave Cover)
- Classification: SCHADS Level 6 with a salary range of $102,653 - $107,178 per annum pro rata + Superannuation
- Salary packaging arrangements providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses increasing your take home income where part of your wage is paid tax free each pay, savings thousands in tax each year
- Location: Neami Head Office, Preston VIC, however remote or hybrid working arrangements will be considered
About Neami National
We're big believers in everyone having the opportunity to live a full life - and we give our all to support people to achieve the wellbeing and mental health outcomes that matter to them.
For some people this means having a stronger sense of self. For others, it might mean nurturing relationships, and forothers, it could be building the confidence to tackle tomorrow. Everyone has different goals for their own life, and at Neami, we walk alongside people to help improve their quality of life, on their terms.
We are proud to support 32,000 people living with mental health challenges across Australia and offer more than 70 services, over 49 different Indigenous lands, across the nation. These include mental health and wellbeing supports, housing and suicide prevention services.
About your new role
The Innovation and Design Coordinator is an exciting role within Neami. Positioned within the Design, Participation and Inclusion (DPI) team, the role operates nationally and is responsible for supporting teams across Neami, our consumers, communities, and partners to find new and creative solutions to a range of opportunities and challenges that contribute toward positive social change.
Reporting to the Innovation Design Lead, a regular day will see you:
- Coordinate, advise on and facilitate participatory and strategic design projects and processes.
- Foster avenues for social innovation and creative problem solving.
- Lead and coordinate projects that support and progress Neami's strategic directions.
- Work collaboratively to drive how we work with communities, consumers, and carers with lived and living experience to ensure their voice and leadership is at the heart of service design, advocacy, research, and policy development.
- Work collaboratively as part of the DPI team in the delivery of consumer and carer participation, diversity and inclusion, and First Nations strategy and impact activities.
What you will bring to the role
- Commitment to social justice and establishing inclusive and accessible processes that elevate the voice and leadership of people with lived experience.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, with an ability to articulate complex concepts to a range of audiences.
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience working across multiple projects and managing competing priorities within a complex environment.
- Engagement skills, including navigating diverse perspectives, needs and priorities of a range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to develop mutual, reciprocal relationships that foster shared learning and minimise power imbalances.
- Formal qualifications and/or experience in health and community services, social impact, or related fields
- Experience in the use of participatory design-based processes and social innovation methodologies to address identified social challenges.
- Experience working with diverse and traditionally underrepresented communities.
- Understanding of trauma-informed practice
What will Neami offer in return?
- Generous leave entitlements including paid parental leave, an Accrued Day Off each month, Gratis Leave and Wellness leave.
- Professional development through regular practice development sessions and coaching with your supervisor.
- Ongoing extensive in-house Learning and Development programs to encourage learning and skill-building.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Telus Health - providing holistic health and wellness supports and resources to Neami staff and their immediate family.
- Flexible work arrangements are available for maintaining your work-life balance.
What the role requires
- NationalCriminal History Check (police check) - disclosable outcomes considered.
- Australian working rights
How to Apply
The terms and conditions of the role are listed in the attached position description (please select the paperclip icon).
If you are excited about this role, but only meet some requirements, we encourage you to apply. We're passionate about creating opportunities, supporting professional development, and building capabilities.
Please submit a brief cover letter, resume or any questions regarding the position to:
- Hiring Manager: Caroline Dimond, Innovation Design Lead, at [email protected], using the subject line: Innovation and Design Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Be Yourself: Neami values and celebrates diversity including multidisciplinary teams and the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged toapply. Our aim is to create a workforce that is accessible, inclusive and reflects the community in which we live.