ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a highly organised and self-motivated individual with experience in WH&S to come and make a difference.
- Provision of proactive, professional, timely, accurate guidance, service, advice and support to the managers and workers of NAAJA in the area of Work Health and Safety (WH&S).
- Encouraging and driving ongoing safe work practices and a strong safety culture within NAAJA by inspecting work sites.
- Timely investigating hazards, incident/accidents and taking reasonable and appropriate action to eliminate or mitigate against the risk/s occurring again.
- Oversee, administer and ensure work vehicles, facilities and buildings do not pause a risk to the WH&S of employees and other persons.
- Proactively ensure that consultation is carried out in all NAAJA workplaces pursuant to the NT Work Health and Safety (National Uniform Legislation) Act 2011 and NAAJA’s WH&S Policy and Procedures.
- Ensure that all relevant WH&S Information & Training is provided to all workers and officers pursuant to the WH&S Act and is recorded.
- Other reasonable duties as directed by the HR Manager from time to time.
Skills & Experience
- Formal qualifications in WH&S (Cert. IV in WH&S or higher).
- Significant experience in the WH&S field, particularly in relation to program development, implementation, and monitoring.
- Demonstrated ability to use coaching skills to influence adoption of good WH&S practices.
- Competence in the use of Microsoft Office Software (or equivalent), with particular competencies the use of HRMIS programs.
- Ability to develop and deliver training to a range of workers.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to deal with a wide variety of employees.
- Ability to deal with a variety of day-to-day issues simultaneously.
- Current unrestricted driver’s licence and ability to obtain a working with children and criminal history checks.
Previous experience coordinating WH&S in a Community based organisation in the NT.
Remuneration and Benefits
The positions offer the following attractive employment benefits:
- Commensurate with experience salary of between PSO 5 $90,424 – PSO 6.3 $109,204 per annum plus superannuation.
- Salary packaging options applicable to the NGO sector.
- 6 weeks annual leave per year with leave loading.
- Annual airfare.
- Relocation allowance.
The role is on a fixed term until 30 June 2025. Extension will be subject to funding and performance.
Further information is available at www.naaja.org.au or by calling Manager, Human Resources on 042 363 9520.
A position description is attached.