Murawin is seeking a Consultant to join our passionate and growing evaluation and research team in Brisbane. Working closely with the Director and other colleagues, the successful candidate will play a key role in assisting several stimulating evaluations that relate to First Nation Australians.
Some of the projects we are typically involved in include primary research, drafting monitoring and evaluation frameworks, engaging directly with communities, and actively contributing to co-design efforts.
Murawin is dedicated to cultivating enduring and prosperous career trajectories for our valued team members. Although this position is currently offered on a 12-month basis, there exists the potential for both extension and the opportunity to secure a permanent role for a qualified candidate who aspires to advance beyond the Consultant level throughout their professional journey with Murawin.
You'll have access to:
- Opportunities for training, mentorship, & career development specific to your role.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Work life balance through flexible working arrangements, with a predominant Work From Home model.
- Access to offices in attractive CBD locations across Sydney & Brisbane.
- Access to a supportive, diverse, & inclusive team spread across Australia.
- Enjoy dedicated programs to support your wellbeing, such as free access to the Warlandi Counselling Service.
- Utilise company funded paid parental leave options, that accommodate:
- Both childbirth & adoption.
- Mothers, fathers, primary & secondary caregivers.
- Singleton births/adoptions & multiples, i.e. twins, triplets or higher births/adoptions.
- Work within a consultancy that is progressing towards becoming:
- Accredited Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace.
- Access to Menstrual & Menopause leave options.
- Receive a mobile phone allowance.
- Access to Cultural Leave.
- Work within a leading Supply Nation Certified Supplier, NSWICC Assured business, amongst an array of other highly exclusive accreditations & affiliations.
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary level education or equivalent skills and experience.
- Experience working in the following fields: community development, Social Science, climate change, environment, Science, Psychology, Health, Education, Anthropology, Justice or another related field.
- Some experience working in social research or program evaluation and a strong willingness to learn and grow.
- An ability to collate, analyse and synthesise research data into high-quality written reports for stakeholders, including government.
- Good quality written and oral communication skills.
- An understanding of cultural diversity, community complexities and issues faced by First Nations people across Australia.
- Demonstrated organisational and administrative skills.
- Interest in participatory engagement approaches and a commitment to First Nation led research and engagement design.
- The ability to communicate confidently with a broad range of people including Community members, academics, government, and corporate representatives.
- Previous experience working in a consultancy or agency model.
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Please review the full Position Description (attached), or email [email protected] to receive a full position description.
- If you have any questions about the role please contact Mark Power [email protected], using the subject line: Consultant enquiry via EthicalJobs
- Be a part of a growing company that has real impact on our society and contributes to Closing the Gap.
Murawin is Supply Nation Certified and strongly supports applications from First Nations candidates and other diverse backgrounds.