- Permanent - Part Time Role, offering 21 hours per week
- Location: Rosny Park, TAS
- Provide pastoral care for Mission Australia clients and community
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
Based from our Rosny Park State Office site and serving communities of Hobart and surrounds, the Community Chaplain will play a vital role in providing a listening ear, a practical hand and a source of compassion and empathy for local community members' irrespective of faith, belief and values. You will work to develop strong and supportive working relationships with clients and internal stakeholders and will provide a service to them that integrates with and supports wider work of Mission Australia in the Hobart community.
- Provide pastoral care, information and support to community members empowering them to explore future goals, deepen in their spiritual and emotion wellbeing and provide practical support to work through life's challenges
- Work alongside various Mission Australia teams, local churches, community organisations and community members to create a community of cooperation and mutual respect, promoting an understanding of diversity and the range of cultures and their related traditions
- Actively participate in all meetings and planning sessions conducted by the Community Chaplain Program (CCP) Team Leader and with Mission Australia staff & management as required
- Participate in local church and community events, activities and celebrations and contribute to church communications
- Reporting to the Senior Chaplain (also based in the Rosny Park State Office), you will work together to develop relationships across Christian and faith communities.
Requirements for Success
- A Degree/Diploma in Chaplaincy/CPE/Ministry or a minimum of five years' experience in a similar role in a Christian Church or Community Sector
- Experience working with and for communities in a self-reflective and creative way that facilitates community self-determination in partnership with local churches
- Experience in community consultation, facilitation and partnership development
- Influential communication skills - verbal, listening, written and digital
- Ongoing commitment to personal spiritual growth and active member of a local Christian church
- Demonstrated ability to develop stakeholder's relationships that assist to achieve program outcomes
- Current driver's licence
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We're committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you're skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia. If you need support to submit your application, please email [email protected] using the subject line: Community Chaplain enquiry via EthicalJobs.
- Rewarding work - every day you know you're making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please click "Apply Now".
As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For further information about working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.