- Max Term Full time, 35 hours per week
- Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
- First Nations applicants encouraged to apply
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
We are seeking a Client Service Officer/Concierge to be the face of Mission Australia Housing working on the Front Desk in Reception. You will need excellent customer service and admin skills and some prior experience working with vulnerable people in the community.
Your focus will be to ensure that all clients walking into the office are welcomed and treated with dignity and respect.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Handle general inquiries both over the phone and face to face and providing high quality customer service
- Answering the phones for the office and handling general inquiries
- Maintain and update a range of reports and general communications using MS Office
- Managing tasks including invoice management, stationary ordering and file management for the team
- Ensure clients are treated fairly and respectfully
- Respond to client and stakeholder queries in a timely manner
Requirements for Success:
- Extensive customer service skills both face to face and over the phone
- Strong office administration experience
- Must have prior experience working in social housing or broader community services industry
- Experience with Microsoft Office products such as Teams, Word, Outlook & Excel
- Ability to learn and navigate new systems well and professional record keeping
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Current Drivers' License, WWCC are essential
- Senior First Aid Certificate or willingness to gain one
- Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
- Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
- We're committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
- We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you're skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
- We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you need support to submit your application, please email [email protected] using the subject line: Client Service Officer - Coffs Harbour enquiry via EthicalJobs.
- Rewarding work - every day you know you're making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please click 'Apply Now' and send your cover letter and resume today.
As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you.