- Work Type/s: Full Time
- Fixed term contract for 12 months with possible extension
- Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
- SCHADS Award Level 5: $93,866 to $98,108 per annum plus 10.5% superannuation and salary sacrificing
The Midland Information Debt and Legal Advocacy Service (Midlas) is a not-for-profit Community Legal Centre with offices in Midland and Ellenbrook that supports eligible clients in the north east Perth region with legal services, disability advocacy, financial counselling, tenancy advocacy, community outreach support and information and referrals.
Midlas is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Disability Advocates (NDIS Appeals) to join our team. You will be responsible supporting clients with their NDIS Appeals Services. Knowledge of the NDIS particularly internal reviews, and qualifications in mediation, conflict resolution and/or alternative dispute resolution will be highly regarded.
About the role
The Disability Advocates (NDIS Appeals) will be responsible for directly advising, assisting and supporting clients in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT), attending AAT conferences and hearings or similar with or on behalf of clients.
You will be responsible for providing assistance to people with disabilities to represent their own views, needs and expectations.
This is a rewarding opportunity for experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team and work closely with the Midlas team to make a positive difference in our communities.
- Competitive remuneration
- Salary packaging tax benefits
- Flexible workplace culture
- Employee Assistance Program
- Strong values-based organisation
- Growing organisation with great career opportunities
- Work in a caring & collaborative team environment with people who are passionate about delivering quality services that support community
Required Education / Licences / Certificates
- Qualifications and/or demonstrated experience in disability, community services or relevant field(s)
- Qualifications and/or demonstrated experience in mediation, conflict resolution and/or alternative dispute resolution
- Possession of a current unrestricted driver’s license, comprehensive insurance and reliable vehicle
- Current (less than 3 months old) pre-employment satisfactory national criminal history certificate and ongoing renewal every 2 years at employee’s expense.
- Possession of Working with Children Check
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- COVID-19 vaccination certificate
Relevant Experience, Skills / Knowledge & Personal Attributes
- Knowledge of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and the NDIS appeals process or the Administrative Appeals process or similar tribunal
- Demonstrated experience in providing advocacy and an understanding of the disability sector in Australia and the disability models funded by the National Disability Advocacy Programme
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of dispute resolution including alternative dispute resolution practises, mediation and conciliation and how they fit in the broader human services sector
- Demonstrated high level of skill in managing and resolving conflict through alternative dispute resolution
- Knowledge of the disability sector, an ability to interpret issues for people with disability and their supports and the ability to work within the frameworks of the NDIS
- Knowledge of the issues relevant to people living with various disabilities or disadvantaged/vulnerable groups and operating within a social justice framework and the support systems designed to address these needs
- A commitment to respectful communication with people living with a disability who may have diverse backgrounds and a wide range of assistance requirements
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with minimum supervision and to be self-motivated, as well as an ability to work well in a team and contribute to the larger organisation vision and mission
- Ability to travel throughout the Perth metropolitan area
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and client database management systems
How to apply for this job
- Click "Apply Now".
- Provide your updated and current CV
- Provide a Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria
- Short listing will commence immediately and we reserve the right to close the position without notice.
Applications that fail to address all of the above will not be considered.
Previous applicants need not re-apply.
Short listing will commence immediately and we reserve the right to close the position without notice.
Before an offer of employment can be made, an NDIS Screening Check, Working with Children Check, National Police Clearance of not older than 3 months and current unrestricted driver's license must be submitted.
Only suitable candidates will be contacted if short listed.
For further information please contact [email protected] using the subject line: Disability Advocate - NDIS Appeals enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Unsolicited resumes and contact from recruitment agencies will not be accepted
We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds and encourage applications from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander peoples, and individuals who may identify as LGBTIQ, with disability, a culturally and linguistically diverse background and people of all ages. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people.
A position description is attached.